• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found My Parents 1971 Road Runner (has not been crushed!)

Dibbons

Reaction score
Accidentally found the Bahama Yellow Road Runner I took my DMV driving test in when I was 16 and which I drove to high school as a junior and senior. How? Signed up with a group on Facebook called '71-'72 Road Runners and posted a comment explaining how my parents special-ordered a new Road Runner back in 1971. The same day, someone else posted a comment that they had purchased a California Road Runner a few years ago and the owner included a foto of the fender tag. I decoded the fender tag to find it matched exactly with the way our family Road Runner was equipped. Since I still remembered the license plate number, I asked the owner about it. He sent me a foto of the license plate (which was in the trunk) and it matched. Amazing find! The vehicle is not restored and not for sale.

GSA Road Runner Facebook?.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty amazing stuff. Too bad you cannot be formally reunited with the car. Maybe he'll want to sell at some point in the future...

Ranger

Reaction score
WOW!, Talk about the needle in the haystack. Now go buy a lottery ticket before your luck runs out.

Back