• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Four speed A833.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well this is what happened. I bought a used four speed out of CO. the story is that a guy put a five speed in his runner and the shop had the four speed. Now I don't know if the transmission shop had already rebuilt the four speed then swapped out the four speed for part of the payment to put the new 5 speed in. So I bought the four speed figured it needed rebuilt. Got my part's from Brewer's and was ready to do the job. So started to take it apart counter gear shaft out and pulled the main. It had new sink's, new bearing's, fresh assembly grease every where. So now have a kit I don't need. So would it be wise to put the new seals in and call it good. Glad I did not have to tear it all the way down saved me time. Just have to paint it again. :BangHead:

dmartin

Reaction score
I would cause you never know if they put them in correctly or if they put new ones or if they used the old ones good luck Russ

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Guy's. I will say this the seals all are fresh. They are not hard. This thing can not have been rebuilt long ago. It might come back to bite me in the end. But putting it back together and painting it. Then going to work on the cars body and K member. Time is running out winter is coming and want it painted. Thanks again. Russ. :thankyou:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just to bring up this subject had finished with putting the transmission back together painted and all bolts torqued to speck's. A friend came over and barrowed my air hose to air up a buddy tank the valve was stuck on the tank and guess he barrowed my needle nose pliers to un stick the valve. Went out the next morning and noticed the plier's where no where to be found and knew they where on the work bench. After looking for hours for them I thought they might be in the transmission which I knew they weren't just to make sure I pulled the shift cover to look inside. Nope they where not in their. Guess that is what friends are for and still don't know where the pliers went he say he don't have them. Dah. :cursin:

quikbird

Reaction score
Why you always have several of most everything. I can’t find them sometimes either. Usually coyote put them somewhere. :rofl:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
:lol: That darn coyote. This friend I got think he has sticky finger's. He only comes around when he need's something. Had to post a sign made of poster board that say don't touch , lean , or push on car. They all seam to know how to do body work or work on cars so why do they want to put their sweaty hand's on a car your trying to get ready for paint I don't know. Think he is going to be band from the shop. Next I am going to put up a rope all around the car like at car show's so they cant get to it. So just want to know did you get the oil pressure problem fixed and what did you find. Your Bud Russ. :kartman: Speaking of bud think it is time for a cold one.!!!!!!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I know it is a big job pulling the oil pan and all. Wish you the best and hope the new pipe dose the trick for you quikbird. I am moving on to the K member next while doing the body work then the moto is next on my list while bed lining the floor pan and rear seat pan. Just don't know if I will bed line the fire wall and lower cowl. Have not made up my mind on this yet. Good luck hope you get her fixed so you can get back to driving that runner. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The tube is clear but dose it have a crack in it where it bolts to the block. That is what we had a problem with. The weld had a crack in it where they put the bracket. It was a hair line crack. Let's see a picture of how it bolt's up in the block. New oil pump so that is not the problem. It has to be something with the suction tube. Did you put the new tube in yet. Russ. :kartman: Dag nab it!!!!! Being a pump man the suction side can't have any leak's. It is hard to find. Pressure side will leak easy to find. What engine do you have 383 or 426. Still say look at the bracket that bolts the pick up tube to the block. The one we had the problem with was a 440 Mopar.

Last edited:
Back