• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front air shield color

robertop

Reaction score
I got a new front air shield from AMD and I need to know if it's painted body color or left black, glossy or semigloss. Someone is helpful? Thank you.a

quikbird

Reaction score
I believe it is part of the area that is blacked out, but i don't know if it is flat or satin finish. I bet a couple other guys here know that answer.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We hashed this one out a few years ago. I think that the consensus was semi-gloss black.

A12

Reaction score
DSC00027.jpg
Is the "air shield" the panel on either side of the radiator?

No, or at least I think they are talking about the "rock guard" that is between the front bumper and the radiator support at the bottom. I always thought it was there to protect the radiator from stones/rocks bouncing up between the back of the grille and the front of the radiator and as a water splash shield from the tires? Runs horizontally between the left and right front fenders......I think this is what is being discussed?? I think they were flat or at the most semi-gloss black on all cars.

DSC00027.jpg

Last edited:

Ranger

Reaction score
Ohh, THAT piece. Mine is kind of a semi gloss, but I suspect it was replaced and installed as received.

Back