• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Brakes

RonLiv

Reaction score
This past weekend while out and about my front brakes started grinding. I have disc brakes in the front. So I pull the front wheels and sure enough the pads are worn out. Rotors look fine. When I pull the driver side wheel, this falls out (see pic). I put the pencil in the pic for reference to size. The one end is clearly broke off. I was up in and all over the wheel well and I can't find anything that looks like where this broke off. Nor does this look like it came from the caliper. I show it to a few buddies one said it looks like it came off a Ford, the other said a Ferrari piston. So there's no getting a straight answer around here. I'm thinking it got thrown in on the road somewhere. Any thoughts?20210421_133200.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
What style of caliper do you have? 69 should have the 4 piston Kelsey Hayes that don’t have sliders.

RonLiv

Reaction score
What style of caliper do you have? 69 should have the 4 piston Kelsey Hayes that don’t have sliders.
To be honest, I don't know. I was more focused on the brake pads and the rotor's. I'm planning on pulling the wheels again this Friday, the brake pads came in this afternoon. The car did not come with front disc brakes, they were added by the previous owner and I've only thrown new brake pads in once before. I'll have a closer look at the Caliber then.

Back