• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND front bumper turn signal housing or "bulb socket" w/ pigtial

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
The right front bumper turn signal has rust in the bulb socket and the two contacts where the bulb "connects" are pretty worn. Does any one have a "bulb socket" with the wire pigtail extra, maybe from a broken turn signal housing, that they don't need? The socket/pigtails would work from either side. This is for a 69 RR but any of the Ply. B bodies would be the same, I believe 68 is the same as well. Part number for it is 2575 856. I am not sure about Dodges, but here are some pics of what I am talking about.

Thanks

59942223_494757947728696_5729546214643335168_n.jpg

59729553_450687309031796_5579467795189465088_n.jpg

Last edited:

dmartin

Reaction score
That pic you have goes in your front bumper there bud not on the fender, the fender signals are small

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Thanks for the edit catch D, fixed now.

Quik- yes crimped in, does look tough to get out. Can you tell me who has these for sale new? I checked a couple places put did not see them.

Thanks

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Now you guy's have me thinking don't remember seeing these when taking the car apart. Quick bird where did you see these for sale.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well after looking online and every where else must say hold on to your hat. If you find them they want a small fortune for them. Saw a set on 2040 part's but their gone also. You can find lens and gasket. Found some pig tail's they say will work. Their was a set on for b body's only but their sold. Well on the hunt now down to junk yard salvage. :elmer:

dmartin

Reaction score
I got mine from a friend of mine in Pinehurst ga NOS I don’t know if he has anymore

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Mopar city has some they say their getting harder to find in decent shape. I got a set ordered from Stephen's out of Alabama. Look's like A or E body ones are cheaper. Was thinking of putting some other kind of light their but decided to go original. This hit my budget pretty good. Next time I buy an old car to restore will check more into what is missing off it. Well hope this will help someone looking for these or just one. These are only on the Satellite and roadrunner 68 and 69. The GTX is different don't ask me why but they are.

droptop

Reaction score
All 68 and 69 Bel, Sat, Road Runner, Sport Sat, and GTX use the same front turn signal housings.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Russ, I think I can get by using another pigtail, as long as it has the bulb socket and it is nice shape.

D - can you ask you friend if he has anymore? I just need a right side or the bulb socket/pigtail.

Hard to believe these are more expensive than an e body part!

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I am told that the A or E body pig tail will work but don't bank on it. When surfing the web found pig tails and socket's at different places. Have been looking on line for two day's. I paid 159 per side new lens and gasket on unit. The lens is not cheap. So if you figure what the lens cost separate. I guess it was a good deal. What I have gotten from Stephens in Alabama has been quality product's. It suck's to know when you buy a used car that kind of stuff is missing and what it cost to replace it sometimes makes you want to give up. But I am too far into it now to back out. Good luck on your search and Hope you get what your looking for.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
All 68 and 69 Bel, Sat, Road Runner, Sport Sat, and GTX use the same front turn signal housings.
This may be true but try to find them. I looked every witch way trying to get something. Satellite GTX. Then when you look in classic it has the ones for 70 models and up. But nothing for 68 or 69. So if some one out their has them their holding on to them. I missed a set on forbbodies only. Thanks for the info maybe someone will start to reproduce these but don't think so. I paid dearly for these but needed them. So hope this is the last hard to find part that I will need. Just like the front upper windshield trim. I was not cheap also. What I paid for hard to find parts could have bought all four Cragar mags I want for the car. Ps the guy at Mopar City say's it is harder to find these now day's and what they get in are all rotted out and not worth selling.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Ill have to take a trip to the junkyard and bring one with me to see. A yard near me still has some old cars but getting just parts from the owner has now become almost impossible. He just wants to sell the whole wreck and there isn't much left on them to go through the trouble.

Luckily, my lens and housings are reusable, just need to replace the socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back