• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front windsheild trim clip location.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok I know. What a pain. If some one has pic's would appreciate it. Have the sides and top figured out but wondering about the upper cowl. Their are some one inch inset square's along the window channel. Thinking that is where the clips should go. One more hurdle to jump before painting the shell. Thank's

dmartin

Reaction score
Hey Russ there should be holes shouldn’t I would think so if not just space them out I would think

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks dmartin. No holes except for A pillar has two missing the third one at top. I replaced the upper cowl mine was rotted out. Same with the roof. It looks like on the upper cowl their are some one inch square insets. Believe that is where the clips go. Maybe Bob has a picture or someone else may have something. Appreciate the input. :thumbsup:

quikbird

Reaction score
Measure carefully. If clip is too low the trim won’t seat into them against the rubber windshield gasket

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Afraid with the after market metal that they probably be too high. Don't know how to check for that. Maybe put the gasket in would tell me what I need to do. :BangHead: I have the B body book for restoring but it lack's a lot when it come's to something's.

dmartin

Reaction score
Hey Russ they should have holes in it for the screws or if not I would just space them out

dmartin

Reaction score
Afraid with the after market metal that they probably be too high. Don't know how to check for that. Maybe put the gasket in would tell me what I need to do. :BangHead: I have the B body book for restoring but it lack's a lot when it come's to something's.
Hey Russ I put my window gasket in before I put the clips in and it is very hard to get them in after you put the gasket in so I left mine off

quikbird

Reaction score
Sit gasket in place without windshield and test trim piece, mark edge against cowl, set a clip and measure where hole is. Measure rest and drill away.
Or Bob will have a photo and measurement

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is a good idea quikbird. This will help me out a lot guy. Yes I thought Bob would have some pic's of the area. But want to start the hole drilling to day. Their where a lot of holes to drill for the rear windshield trim. More clips than I got in the trim kit. Had to order more clips. They had a drawing of clip placement. Also looked at a Coronet yesterday. Their where ten clips at the bottom where the filler panel is three up each side and 6 across the top as per Bob's pic. he posted. Thank you one and all for the help. Could not have done a lot on this car with out you guy's. :thumbsup:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey Russ I put my window gasket in before I put the clips in and it is very hard to get them in after you put the gasket in so I left mine off
So what hold's the trim on Brett. Man that is a bummer. That is why it is taking me so long to get paint on the shell want all to be rite before putting on paint. :thumbsup2:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have a couple of pics when settin the glass you can see some of the clips in if that will helproadrunner restoration 927.jpg roadrunner restoration 929.jpg roadrunner restoration 925.jpg

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep figured you had some pic's. Thank you. It make's me cry to drill holes in the new sheet metal. Wanted them drilled before applying paint. I could just see the drill bit sliding or jumping up and skinning the new paint. Take care buddy.

Back