• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Line Crimp Clamp

MsBeep

Reaction score
I would like to change the length of 5/16" rubber fuel hose that connects the metal fuel line from the gas tank to the fuel pump inlet on a 383 Engine.
It looks (and feels) like it's been on the car since '69. It still has the factory installed Oetiker, or crimped clamp attached there at the lower edge of the passenger side fender, in the engine compartment. It is hard to see and harder to get a tool on. Has anyone changed the hose with this style of clamp? Is trying to cut it off my only option?

earlyrides

Reaction score
No need for any fancy tools.
I have done it with a pair of side cutters (dykes) several times.
If it does not cut right away a few twists back and forth should get it loose nough or even cause it to break and then it can be easily removed.
Die grinder and sparks not reccomended.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and do yourself a favor and put reglar hose clamps on. I've pulled hoses off by hand that have had the crimp clamps on them.

MsBeep

Reaction score
and do yourself a favor and put reglar hose clamps on. I've pulled hoses off by hand that have had the crimp clamps on them.

Already purchased reg'lar hose clamps; made in USA:flag: and will be avoiding sparks, open flame, and filling the gas tank, until it's done! Thanks again.

Back