• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel lines, pump to carb

Gio

Reaction score
I ordered new lines from fine lines but they are to big to screw into the pump. Can any of you post pic's of your pump to carb lines and sizes of the line connections?. 69 runner, 440 w/ AFB carb

Thanks!

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Gio, since I am the first to reply, this issue you are having seems to be a problem with 440 and Hemi's. There has been many postings on this subject. At the top right side of this page you will find a search box. Type in Vapor Lock press enter, the search will take you to every posting on this sight that has been discussed between members. Also you will find within these posting the fix or solution to your issue. Sorry I don't have enough experience with this issue to give advice, I'm sure some one else will chim in. But to get you started you can review past posts on this subject

Last edited:

A31PKG

Reaction score
I ordered new lines from fine lines but they are to big to screw into the pump. Can any of you post pic's of your pump to carb lines and sizes of the line connections?. 69 runner, 440 w/ AFB carb

Thanks!

Not sure exactly what your working with, but here's a pic I dug up of my engine resto.... The pump is a stock replacement and the pre-bent tubes are nice repros. Can't remember the manufacturer's name.

engine rf.jpg

CompSyn

Reaction score
Mopar may have done it a few ways. The following pic is what I found on my numbers matching 69 383 Road Runner. Take note of what is believed to be factory keystone clamps, "KV" hose sections and original fuel filter. The fuel pump was painted Hemi orange with much of it long gone:

16 Keystone Clamps.jpg

16 Keystone Clamps.jpg

A31PKG

Reaction score
Interesting... Here is a fuel pump pic of an untouched 383 out of a 70 Super Bee. Still looking for a '69 survivor pic...I know I got one somewhere....

70 super bee 383 (5).jpg

Back