• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI

Big Mo

Reaction score
This is information that might help in the future. Anyone that has removed the door light switch that screws into the body be very careful when you reinstall that switch. If you painted the car paint will get into the threads and make it difficult to start . The drivers side is the hardest. You cannot get to the back of the switch so you need to put wire in before screwing switch in. I had to run a tap 5/16 - 24tpi in to clean threads. This is on my 68 bird.
Also anyone changing trany oil read the fine print of the oil. GL5 oil is a no no in our trans. It wipes out bronze and yellow brass in them. GL4 works but is hard to get. Brewers uses StaLube made by CRC. I do not know if any other oils are available or not. This is just a notice to get you to look before you buy. They should tell you on the container if it works on yellow brass and bronze. Big Mo

Ranger

Reaction score
I used the Sta-Lube and it shifted like molasses in January with gear clash in a gears until warmed up. Switched to Penzoil synchromesh fluid and it shifts like butter.

302976d1500187683-ax-15-trans-lube-dsc01838.jpg

Back