• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas how much?

Traeger72

Reaction score
My 69 reads 3/4 when topped off. Do I need to remove tank to replace sender? I am73 years young with little skills related to electrical anything
Thanks
This car was a bday gift from my wife last year wanted to replace carpet the rabbit hole is now a crater!

cosgig

Reaction score
Probably has an aftermarket sending unit in it, which will never read correctly. You can buy a Meter Master and have it corrected with that, I think they’re about $90

Traeger72

Reaction score
Thanks, never heard of meter master will look into
All I wanted to do was replace the carpet now the interior is gutted
So much fun?

cosgig

Reaction score
They should call them the Plymouth Snowball, a little job that rolls downhill and next thing you know the entire interior is gutted!

Traeger72

Reaction score
At my age I should know better, but anyway…. When I get this done and I will it will be worth it?
Have to use old door panels both Classic and Year One say 3-4 months before I would see one
I’m patient and the rest of the dirty bird marches on. Don’t ever replace carpet without checking your bank account
Thanks Quick

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Yes, meter Match is one way to go. I bought one and after bending the pic up tube on the sending unit towards the front of the tank it now read right. Had to do this to get my pickup tube more towards the front because my car is lifted in the rear over stock. Due to Covid a lot of supply's are hard to find. Did have to wait on legendary to send my panels. But was busy doing other things to the car and they were here before I was ready for them. Good luck on restoring the car to the way you want it. :beep:

Traeger72

Reaction score
Russ,
Thanks for your information, but every time I punch in Meter Master I get loads of Master Meter with industrial product's about water control of a scale way inappropriate. Still can’t figure why my phone reversed the Meter Master EVERY time.
Legendary? I only know that name from the tv show, will look into this this morning I will put the old panels back in Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead!

Bill

Traeger72

Reaction score
Thank you, currently in my shop trying to assemble the interior of my 1928 Tudor
So much fun in so many places! Crawling around inside a car I call exercise or Yoga but I hurt every day.

Bill

Traeger72

Reaction score
Petro, will do after I get out of this 28. This car creak’s like my joints.
Getting old is not necessarily a reward

Traeger72

Reaction score
To all of you who respond to my inquiries THANK YOU again my text postings are also painful!

V.R.D

Reaction score
Russ,
Thanks for your information, but every time I punch in Meter Master I get loads of Master Meter with industrial product's about water control of a scale way inappropriate. Still can’t figure why my phone reversed the Meter Master EVERY time.
Legendary? I only know that name from the tv show, will look into this this morning I will put the old panels back in Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead!

Bill

try this

Traeger72

Reaction score
V.R.D.
A late thank you for your response. A little story, my wife bought this car for me as a bday gift last march. In 69 I turned 20 and with the help of dad bought a Runner, raced at the strip (N.J.) and any time on the street. Broke the engine and working at Jugan’s customs decided to CUSTOMIZE. Won trophies all around the east coast, sold it went back to college. Wanted one ever since. Sooo, last year it happened and the passion is even greater.
The reason? I also have stage 4 aggressive cancer my wife said if not now when, with the help of a friend they found this “project “ and I muddy my way through it.
Sorry for the novel

Bill

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
What a great wife and friend. My wife stood behind me and loaned me the rest of the money to buy my Rust Bucket. Another project she thought should have gone to the junk yard. But she knew that with other stuff I have bought brought them back to life and restored them. Got here to go to a car show in our small town and had a great time talking to all the people that came by to see the old Plymouth they said. Chevy and Ford guys gave us a thumbs up also stated did a great job on the car. The only thing is she kept saying slow down when I was driving. LOL. Just to say the enjoyment we get as car guys some people just don't get it. Wish you the best of luck with the car. Hope you can bet that cancer. :thumbsup:

Traeger72

Reaction score
What a great wife and friend. My wife stood behind me and loaned me the rest of the money to buy my Rust Bucket. Another project she thought should have gone to the junk yard. But she knew that with other stuff I have bought brought them back to life and restored them. Got here to go to a car show in our small town and had a great time talking to all the people that came by to see the old Plymouth they said. Chevy and Ford guys gave us a thumbs up also stated did a great job on the car. The only thing is she kept saying slow down when I was driving. LOL. Just to say the enjoyment we get as car guys some people just don't get it. Wish you the best of luck with the car. Hope you can bet that cancer. :thumbsup:

Can never beat the cancer but can live with it and not let it live with me.
I am not the most mechanically proficient but as luck would have it in moved my neighbor. Wealthy, kind, and a CAR NUT CASE. Owner of 12 at last count , including Grumpy Jenkins(?) pro stock! Fires it up now and then to rattle the neighborhood, music music music.
So this neighbor comes up my driveway now and then to check on me, told me forget perfection concentrate on progress. That works for life doesn’t it.
I tend to take lots of things apart many go back together still more correctly!

Thanks Russ

Respectfully, Bill

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Keep the faith brother is all we can do. Enjoy life while we can. We miss so much when all we do is work. Best of luck and keep running that runner. :beep:

Back