• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas Tank bracket......

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I'm posting these pictures for Toms69rr but I have to get some more dimensions. The J-bolt is 4" oal and has 3" of thread.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It looks like the main fuel pickup is plugged in that pic, the other two are vents the right goes up and loops down and the left goes into the trunk and ends in the frame rail. Thats looking up with your feet to the rear of the car :D

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
It looks like the main fuel pickup is plugged in that pic, the other two are vents the right goes up and loops down and the left goes into the trunk and ends in the frame rail. Thats looking up with your feet to the rear of the car :D
In the second picture you can see my pick-up. Is it hooked up wrong? :huh:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
In the second picture you can see my pick-up. Is it hooked up wrong? :huh:
Gary I cant tell is your main line going to the sending unit :huh: You will have one blocked on a 383 car if you have a 3/8 unit:thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I'm going to have to look a little closer. I think it has 2 lines going to the sending unit. I looked on e-bay and it looks to me like if you buy a 1/2" line sending unit it also has a return line on it. If this is right then my pickup line is hooked to the return line........ :loco:

Collin

Reaction score
I just bought a new gas tank, fuel sending unit, j bolts and straps from year one for my car. Only thing I noticed is I have a non-corrosive coating on the J bolts tinting them green..

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Gary here ya go. The lower hose on the sending unit is a return and shoud be capped on your car[attachment=0:1rt26h9q]road runner 919 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:1rt26h9q]

Back