• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting ready for Carlisle

droptop

Reaction score
12A54381-A55C-4F1B-9BD8-6409492A7CF4.jpeg With everything cancelled until July, I am now focusing on what I am taking to Carlisle this year. Going to be driving the ‘80 this year, not trailering. Needed new tires, so I decided I needed new wheels also.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Looks good Harold. I talked to someone who I know has contacts with Carlisle and he told me that Carlisle is a GO! We will see. I hope so. My Bird is anxious to go down again but will be going down on the trailer.

droptop

Reaction score
Put new decals on today. Reproduction decals were not available when the car was painted. I had a local shop hand make them. Not perfect but were good for what was available at the time. The new ones have a lot sharper edges, and the correct font. Very pleased.

24357D13-520E-4D3E-84D4-227EAFEB5A89.jpeg

55633D0C-568D-4980-AF83-7BF547823C9F.jpeg

959CF920-8462-404B-BCB2-C45BAF610696.jpeg

Big Mo

Reaction score
Looks good Harold. I talked to someone who I know has contacts with Carlisle and he told me that Carlisle is a GO! We will see. I hope so. My Bird is anxious to go down again but will be going down on the trailer.
I sure hope you are correct as I was hoping to go and pick up some parts. Big Mo

quikbird

Reaction score
they just cancelled the july 4 fireworks show here in Columbus yesterday. usually about 450,000 attend. this means that the goodguys show on Columbus the next weekend is also still up in the air but not looking good. Carlisle is same weekend and not that far away.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
they just cancelled the july 4 fireworks show here in Columbus yesterday. usually about 450,000 attend. this means that the goodguys show on Columbus the next weekend is also still up in the air but not looking good. Carlisle is same weekend and not that far away.
Now it is getting out of hand for sure. No Forth of July fire work's. What is the world coming too. :usflag:

69bfan

Reaction score
The downtown Carlisle, PA July 4th celebration was cancelled a couple of weeks ago. They were not sure if the fireworks display would go on as planned. I am really interested in seeing what kind of turnout will be seen for the three shows currently planned in June for Carlisle if they are allowed to go on. The Ford show has been moved to the end of July. So currently, everyone is in a wait and see mode.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
This is copied from Moparts and written by Ed Bruzinski, (not sure of spelling) who is the Carlisle's Chrysler show coordinator. He posted this on 5-8-20.

Perhaps I should make a standalone Carlisle post on here, but for now, I'll address this one. Below is a copy and paste of what I posted on my PERSONAL Facebook. It's a little out of date because since then the Ford show was rescheduled to the end of July but the point of the post is still valid. Please read it and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't spread rumors or listen to them. To get the most current info, go to www.CarlisleEvents.com or any of our event Facebook pages!!

Without further ado:

The Carlisle Chrysler Nationals is NOT cancelled!! I was alerted tonight that there is another rumor going around and I want to clear things up. Here are some FACTS:

Nobody knows what is going to happen with this virus. As an event promoter, we are expected to predict the future. We can't! But we at least have to have a solid plan and be ready to change. We have already changed some shows. If you look at those changes, you'll see that we are changing them in the order in which they occur. Spring Carlisle got moved and so did our Import show. Those were the first 2 shows on our original schedule. Ford is next, scheduled for June 5-7, then it's our rescheduled Spring, then Chevy and THEN Chrysler. If Ford, Spring and Chevy aren't canceled (which they are NOT), why would we jump to Chrysler and cancel it, or even move it, at this point if we haven't moved the 3 shows before it??

Can the above change? Sure! And IF it does, here is the process and timeline: If we feel that we won't be able to have a show safely or the governor isn't allowing events on the date of an event and we have no choice but to reschedule, we look for alternate available dates. Once we find the best available date and we're SURE we need to reschedule, we get the team together to plan our official announcement. We pick the date and EXACT time that the announcement will be made via Facebook, our website and emails to that show's database. So far when we've done this, it all occurs in about 1-2 days.

For the best and most current information, just go to our website (www.CarlisleEvents.com) or the show's Facebook page. Whatever you see there is current! If you hear a rumor that one of our shows is canceled or rescheduled, don't call or message us (or me), just check either of the above sources.

I hope this helps and I'm planning to see everyone July 10-12

69bfan

Reaction score
For those who are planning on attending Carlisle in July if it is allowed to go on, we will be there with a wide assortment of reproduction parts from ACC carpet to complete weatherstripping kits. Our tent is located just outside of Building T in rows H and I in spots 137 through 143. If there should be any special request, please let me know by June 17th so that we can make plans to have the product for your pickup. If you should not need anything, just stop by and introduce yourself.

1968 man

Reaction score
Hey 69bfan I'm in the process of installing one of ACC 's rubber mats my buddy at Campbells Wrecker service bought last week for his 68 road runner and I have to say there is quality in the product. so far so good.:thumbsup:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Boy you guy's are luck to be able to go. Some of the other folk's here live close to the rally. Wish I live closer would love to go and see what their is as far a part's and stuff. Also check out all the car's. Maybe one day will make it up their but not this year. Hope all of you have a grate time. :drinks:

69bfan

Reaction score
@1968 man, glad to hear that the product is working out well for you. Thankfully my ACC rep is a die hard Mopar fan as well as I believe that he is up to around 20 of these old cars. Plus his Father in Law is just as deep with the cars and has accumulated a large assortment of vintage race components from his years of drag racing these cars. When you actually have car guys involved in directing the company and assisting the vendors and buyers, then that is a huge asset to the hobby. Currently due to the virus situation, the ACC reps are restricted to working from home or the office, so hopefully their travel restrictions will be lifted if the Carlisle show is able to go on. Don from ACC is usually with us on Wednesday through very early Friday mornings, so his knowledge on the product and taking care of customer questions is very much appreciated.

As for the Carlisle show, I always tell people that are interested in seeing how a car show should be operated, then they need to attend an event at Carlisle and Hershey. Whether your a spectator, car show participant or a swap meet vendor, then the Carlisle staff works to take of you in most ways possible. For a Mopar show, in my opinion, all followers of the brand should at least attend Carlisle and The Nats in Columbus at least once.

Both events are Mopar specific and you will have different followers of each event. But go with an open mind and you will be blown away with what you can see at both events. It is nothing like what most shows are like that I am familiar with down here in the Southeast. That is why we will drive the 742 miles and 14 hours one way as it is very much worth it for us. So if at all possible, put it on your bucket list of items to take in. This would have been one heck of a show this year being the 50th anniversary of the Super Bird, the E-Body debut with the Dusters, high impact colors, etc.

Take care and stay safe.

1968 man

Reaction score
Never been to the Carlisle show but would love to attend some time in the future. I think I'm going to add this event to my bucket list for sure. Love my Mopars.

Back