• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodguys Nostalgic Drags and Car Show

droptop

Reaction score
We went to the show in Bowling Green Ky. at Beach Bend Raceway park on Sat. (sorry Dave no camera) This was an amazing show. The place was packed to say the least. I don't know how many vintage drag cars were there, but the pits were full. Nostalgic Super Stock was by far the best to watch. 75% of the cars in the class were pulling the front wheels and carrying them a good way down the track. Over half of that class was Mopar. Then there were the exhibition cars. From the vintage nitro burning front engine rails, to the funny cars, were all amazing. The Chi Town Hustler was the fastest of the day with a 5.98. There was one crazy SOB in a twin engine rail that did fish tails the entire length of the quarter. The crowd loved it but, but I couldn't imagine running 130+ mph sideways on PURPOSE. Of all the passes he made during the day, (est. 12 times) he only got close to the wall and had to get out of it one time.

The car show had everything from rat rods and daily drivers all the way to Gambler quality custom rods. They even added a muscle car class this year for pre '72 cars. The mid way was not all that great for me any way. They were catering to the street rods. The swap was mostly the same, but I did manage to score a set of new arm rest bezels for a 68-70 b body for ten bucks.

If anyone gets a chance to go to one of the Goodguys sponsored nostalgic drags, GO!! You will have no regrets. I have penciled this in for next year for all 3 days. but, this late in the year, the weather is always a gamble.

edit} I just noticed I put this in pics and not the pits. :lol: Sorry again Dave. I guess I was subconsciously teasing you. :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the maid from Carlisle drove over to Indiana and took the camera back... :lol:

Those Good Guys Shows are great. They used to have one in Orlando and one in Perry, GA that I would attend. Now Charlotte and Nashville are as far south as they come. Sounds like a great time, Harold! :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
HAROLD......it sounded like a blast.....goodguy shows are great .....big dollar rides and they are going to out price themselves out of business around here......18 bucks a person here just to get in and look around :eek:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
droptop said:
There was one crazy SOB in a twin engine rail that did fish tails the entire length of the quarter. The crowd loved it but, but I couldn't imagine running 130+ mph sideways on PURPOSE. quote]

no different than Maverick doing 130 on the back wheels for a 1/4. sounds like a good show, but a little steep on the $

Back