• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gound hog say

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes an early spring this year. So I imagen you guy's up north and where it is cold can start to get those bird's ready to start driving them again. Look forward to the warm sunny day's and driving down the high way. Go to get togethers and car show's. Telling all of us how the car is doing after doing up grades this winter to the car. Short's and short sleeve shirt's with sun glasses. Listen too the sound of those motor's purring down the road. Have fun brother's and will be looking forward to pic's of where your going and have been. May the roadrunner trend live on. Russ

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I got mine out the other day.... she hadn’t been started in about 2 months, due to my back surgery. She was stubborn starting up, but ran fine. I stopped for lunch while out and had someone offer to trade me their ‘15 Ram for her and was serious.... uh, no.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Last big trip was down to Heathcote raceway for the Mopar Nationals. Drove down on the Friday, spent a couple nights at a buddy's place In Melbourne, raced it on Saturday, then drove home on Sunday. Very long trip for a solo mission.thumbnail_Screenshot_2020-02-03-22-08-10-67.png

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I got mine out the other day.... she hadn’t been started in about 2 months, due to my back surgery. She was stubborn starting up, but ran fine. I stopped for lunch while out and had someone offer to trade me their ‘15 Ram for her and was serious.... uh, no.
For real wanted to trade. Not if they knew how much we love our birds. Yes they all are a little hard starting if they sit for a while. My other truck dose not get driven that much so it has to be turned over a few times to get it to go.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Last big trip was down to Heathcote raceway for the Mopar Nationals. Drove down on the Friday, spent a couple nights at a buddy's place In Melbourne, raced it on Saturday, then drove home on Sunday. Very long trip for a solo mission.View attachment 30114
That made for quite a ride both way's. How did you do at the race. What was you time. Got any pic's of it at the track. :thumbsup2:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Yep... hard to start as she still has the mechanical fuel pump so after sitting for a couple months, there was no fuel in the carb. I threw my jump starter in the back just in case as well.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Not a bad idea to have a little extra starting power. Rain Man. Put a little extra Octane in the tank will help also. I like to put a little Lucas in the tank also after something has been sitting for a while. :thumbsup2:

Ranger

Reaction score
Yep... hard to start as she still has the mechanical fuel pump so after sitting for a couple months, there was no fuel in the carb. I threw my jump starter in the back just in case as well.
Get yourself a plastic bottle like you'd use for olive oil, fill it with gas and squirt about 1/4 of it into each carb vent to put gas in the float bowls. She's fire up like she was run yesterday.

Ranger

Reaction score
But that doesn't help it start quicker. You still have to crank, crank, crank to get gas in the float bowls. My method avoids all that cranking.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes that stable is a good thing but like a little Lucas in the gas tank to clean the carb jet's every now and then. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is a good idea also ranger to put some in the bowl's. Hard to start with empty one. If you have some one to squirt gas in the carb to keep it running until you get it up to the carb is another way. I like that idea if you don't have some one to help ya. Russ. :thumbsup2:

RKNRLR

Reaction score
That made for quite a ride both way's. How did you do at the race. What was you time. Got any pic's of it at the track. :thumbsup2:
First time I put slicks on it, lets just say it was a real coyote moment - back to the drawing board. I ran a PB that day of 13.08, but I wasnt happy because i knew it should have gone faster. Ill see if I can find some photos from that day, didnt take too many - I was too busy getting in as many runs as I could.

heres a race from last week, C63 AMG really honked his launch, that was a much faster car. I dont care though, a win is a win is a win!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is pretty good for a car that is not all supped up. If it is a driver then that is a good number. Full blown motors gets a much better time but not going to drive it around town. Nitrous would boost it but that is hard on a motor in the end. We bought us an old duster and turned it into a racer and keep our regular cars for driving. I mean we had to trailer the car to the back road's where we where going to race. Take it off the trailer line it up run the quarter and shut it down. Towed it back to the line while it cooled down. Good job on the run. Yes it is hard to get pic's if someone is not with you to take them. Good job buddy. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It taste like chicken 69hemibeep. The ground hog that is. What you guy's don't get too cold their do you. Like Fla. give it a few day's and back in the 70s. No I am not looking forward to those 100 plus days we have here either. Plus 100% humidity.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
DSCN0593 (1024x768).jpg DSCN0597 (1024x768).jpg We were 80 Sunday now we have a cold front passing by so a high in the low 60s today. Nice thing is I can use the cars all year just mornings and nights in the summer for the Runner no A/C in that one, This does ha A/C

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Nice to have that A/C and a heater. We do every now and then get into the teen's during the winter. Not this year so far. Been wet one though. :beep:

Back