• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greetings from a new guy.....

inkjunkie

Reaction score
New guy from Eastern Washington. I do not have a Roadrunner, just an a-body. I joined because I seen a post about Ray Barton and wanted to comment. But I am sure there is plenty to learn, so I will be visiting often. About my car....it is a 69 Dart. Fab work is just about done, cage, minitub, subrame connectors and spring relocation. Fab guy did some surgery to the torsion bar crossmember and trans tunnel, I will be running a gm4l80e. Now before you get down on me, let me explain. Under the hood will be a 572 or perhaps a 604 Hemi from For Hemis Only. For the induction I will be using a crossram that was built to run EFI by Richard at FastManEFI. My goal is to run in the 9's but still be somewhat driveable. My trans choice was made for me by a good friend that owns a trans shop. The transmission will have an automatic vavle body that has a brake. The lockup convertor will be retained, according to Len at Ultimate Convertor he can build me a 9.5" convertor that will still lock up. Trans will be controlled by a TCI unit. I live aways out of town and do not want to trailer the car everywhere I go, so I am hoping that the trans choice works out. If anyone would like to see a few pictures, let me know.....

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
inkjunkie said:
New guy from Eastern Washington. I do not have a Roadrunner, just an a-body. I joined because I seen a post about Ray Barton and wanted to comment. But I am sure there is plenty to learn, so I will be visiting often. About my car....it is a 69 Dart. Fab work is just about done, cage, minitub, subrame connectors and spring relocation. Fab guy did some surgery to the torsion bar crossmember and trans tunnel, I will be running a gm4l80e. Now before you get down on me, let me explain. Under the hood will be a 572 or perhaps a 604 Hemi from For Hemis Only. For the induction I will be using a crossram that was built to run EFI by Richard at FastManEFI. My goal is to run in the 9's but still be somewhat driveable. My trans choice was made for me by a good friend that owns a trans shop. The transmission will have an automatic vavle body that has a brake. The lockup convertor will be retained, according to Len at Ultimate Convertor he can build me a 9.5" convertor that will still lock up. Trans will be controlled by a TCI unit. I live aways out of town and do not want to trailer the car everywhere I go, so I am hoping that the trans choice works out. If anyone would like to see a few pictures, let me know.....
yes i would like to see pics.....tim banning[forhemisonly] is your right choice for building your hemi and even just buying parts......he stands behind all his work....it will be some what driveable....radical....and your going to be running on race gas......oh and by the way.....welcome to the birds nest

69B5

Reaction score
Good morning and welcome to the site.
Looks to me like you have a mean little Dart in the works
Good luck with it
69B5

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! The Dart sounds like quite a project!

You don't have to worry about anybody getting down on you about the GM tranny, we always take it easy on the new guys...and then once you're settled in, THAT'S when the :stooges: begins... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Welcome, we don't beat up on anyone for making the car like they want........we pick on everyone though........ :lol: And yes we love pics....

inkjunkie

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
inkjunkie said:
yes i would like to see pics.....tim banning[forhemisonly] is your right choice for building your hemi and even just buying parts......he stands behind all his work....it will be some what driveable....radical....and your going to be running on race gas......oh and by the way.....welcome to the birds nest
I have spoken to Tim on several occasions. He seemed pretty confident that he was going to be able to get me 800 hp on pump gas. He specifically has mentioned 10.5:1 pistons. If not, power goal will be dropped....Time will tell.........emailed Tim the other day, here is his response.......Hi Doug, I will try to keep this brief. 750-800hp is pretty much the norm with our 572’s. My own street 71 Challenger convertible is 765hp,(91 octane) and the more radical Pro-street cars approach 900hp. Engines in the mid 700hp range are actually pretty mild, as we make our power with great CNC ported heads, which require less aggressive cams to make hp. The Barton system is good. You’ll get arguments either way on the rockers. If you are building a 9500rpm SS engine, were springs are being changed between rounds, that’s the way to go. The Stage V system is used on everything right up to blown Top Fuel John Force type motors, and is the stronger of the two. We have never broken a Stage V rocker, although it is probably possible. We have had broken pedestal rockers. The choice is yours. All our engines feature Stage V rocker systems. If the valve springs are properly chosen, and of good quality, I doubt you will ever change one. We have tools that easily change valve springs with either system. One note on the EFI system. I can’t comment on your cross-ram setup, but we typically see higher hp numbers with our inline EFI over carbs. Your setup will probably be similar. Tim @FHO

inkjunkie

Reaction score
I do not have a lot of pictures of what has been done so far, the work is getting done 1500 miles away from me. Priced getting the stuff done here in Washington, it was over double of what I paid at a friends buddies place..... :loco:

inkjunkie

Reaction score
A couple of more fab pictures...... :cheers:[attachment=0:1ibr3l86]37.jpg[/attachment:1ibr3l86]

inkjunkie

Reaction score
A few of the surgery :hack: needed to get the trans in the car. I have traded emails with a Challenger owner that is putting the same trans in his car. Until he decided he needed to relocate the motor rearward it fit in the tunnel with out even a dimple... :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a blue 4-speed car you're hacking up there... :chuck:

You obviously missed the memo about only cutting up Coronet Station Wagon Green (F8) cars with girlie-matics... :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

:lmao:

inkjunkie

Reaction score
A few of the intake minus the lids.....I asked Richard about the plumbing causing issues. He said that being that the intake will be dry coupled with the fact that the crossram had more than sufficent volume there will be no loss of power. Time will tell, if need be a will be using the Stage V Inline Dual Quad EFI manifold.....

inkjunkie

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

You obviously missed the memo about only cutting up Coronet Station Wagon Green (F8) cars with girlie-matics... :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

Nope, it was a three on the tree.....I am going to leave the clutch pedal in the car, I really want a stick shift it is just the :cents: end of it. That and I am a bit abusive for a stick...Is there any other memos I might have missed???? :toetap:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
inkjunkie said:
ACME A12 said:

Nope, it was a three on the tree.....I am going to leave the clutch pedal in the car, I really want a stick shift it is just the :cents: end of it. That and I am a bit abusive for a stick...Is there any other memos I might have missed???? :toetap:
Ray you got a thumpy foot already, this guy is going to fit right in :lol: :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Looks like your friend is doing it right, Does the side of the cage swing open ? Or am I seeing things :popcorn:

Back