• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guide to proper fender bolts

CompSyn

Reaction score
I’ve started towards prepping the engine compartment for paint. I’m wondering if there is a general guide for proper fender bolt type and head markings? I found this article by Roger Gibson and it’s helpful but I’m wondering if there is something more specific to a 69 Road Runner?

My passenger side fender seems untouched so I was going to use it as a guide for the driver side which is a mess. I was also wondering if any of you have the notes handy from your cars for a compare and contrast?

Link: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/mopp-0107-tips-to-restoring-your-mopar/

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I see that Classic has fender bolt kit's that is the way I will go. The time it takes to clean bolts and recoat them could be spent on putting the car together. Looks like quite a bit of work to do to your runner see damage where the roof and quarter come together. Seams like that is a big problem area with these cars. I decided to coat all metal in every area with rust converter then paint with epoxy fill the inside seam with seam sealer to stop the moisture from laying in the cracks on the inside. Can get to this through the cutouts in the sail panel area. Wish Ya luck with your project. Russ. :steering:

quikbird

Reaction score
fender bolts are unique to the fenders. vendors seem to be always sold out of kits but if you can get one, that would help a lot.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
In reference to working on one side of the car I use the other side to compare too. With all the rust that had destroyed the metal I mean gone looking on site and pics from other members has been a grate help to me. I don't try to fix with patch panels just buy the hole piece. This is lees places for the car to rust. Welding seams takes a lot of time and where you weld it is a potential rust area. I think that because you heat the metal and it is never the same. Just a thought to ponder on just buy a new fender it is quicker. Russ.

Back