• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guy Tries Buying 1969 Plymouth Road Runner, Gets Scammed Instead

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Another sad story. I was strong on the idea of seeing the car in person when looking to buy the runner. Told them I could fly or travel to the location of the car for sale. Found many online for sale. Called a couple of people when seeing a picture of the car for sale. Listed for sale overseas and it was in the US. The seller stole the picture off the inner web. Then posted the car for sale. One gentleman told me that his car would never be sold and was surprised that the car was listed for sale. As I said before one of the sellers said he was in the UK and was military. Contacted the US law enforcement with his story. They told me he was in England, and they were trying to find him. Long history of being a scammer. Don't let yourself be taken in by these scum bags. I did take a chance on my car even though it was in pretty bad shape. The motor ran but that did not mean that it was able to be refreshed. After getting into it found would have to be bored way over what I was willing to go. So had to find a stock block. But after a lot of money and bought almost the whole car in boxes. LOL. UPS made a lot of money, I am sure.

Back