Having problem's

Projects

1. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Any one got pic's of the rear window area. Need to see the Trim and how it set's on the glass. Got mine down pretty good but a little high in the corner's at bottom. When test fitting with clip's taped in the end's want to roll up towards the top. Any suggestion's would be most appreciated. Or if any one has encountered this problem. The fear is that with all the stacked up metal back their and having to fill in to make it smooth could be the problem. Well hope some of you guy's have run into this your self. :thankyou:

2. dmartin

dmartin Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    I think that the clips mount flush with the top of filler panel or a little below the edge I guess I was lucky mine was not as bad as yours and make sure you get the thin clips I bought the stiff ones and put the glass in and it took me about two years to afford the trim and when I tried to put the trim on found out I had the wrong clips they were to stiff so had to take window back out and ordered the right clips and popped it right in

3. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    Yea Brett. Got the clips that came with the trim. So have the rite one's. It is all the metal had to use filler to smooth the in side channel from corner filler's to the roof and quarter over lap back their. Have decided to use The 3M window urethane plus the material used between the glass and frame. Then going to fill the edge all the way around before putting on the trim. This will make sure it dose not leak hoping any way. Thanks for the help.

4. dmartin

Aug 30, 2013
    I know mine doesn’t leak cause I don’t drive it if I even think it’s going to rain

5. halftrackman1

halftrackman1 Active Member

Jan 20, 2018
    I am ready to install the rear glass in the challenger. I bought the clips several years ago, Also just bought 3m sealer and the rubber block spacer to get the glass to fit just right, then take the spacers out . I fired up the 440 six pack and it sounds great.

6. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    What is up with that Brett. What good is the car if you can't drive it in the rain. :lol:

7. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    What is this rain you speak of

8. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    It is that stuff that fall's out of the cloud's in the sky. Oh that's rite you don't have rain where you are or very seldom Hu. You guys have rock yards and cacti type plant's. When leaving the west was glad to see green again and not all that brown.

9. dmartin

Aug 30, 2013
    Oh well I don’t get it out if it looks like rain cause you never can get all the water out of the cracks besides there are a lot more good days than rainy days

10. Russ69Runner

Aug 4, 2016
    Well with you on that. That is why I have gone through so much seam sealer and filling every crack I find. Still have to have drain holes so I don't plug those just epoxy the heck out of those area's. :praying: