• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from New Jersey

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
Hey guys my name is Nick, I'm 19, some of you may know me from forbbodiesonly as 69clone. if not I'll fill you in, I bought my 69' Satellite last May then when the summer came around I threw on the roadrunner decals and emblems, planned to clone it all along, it was a TN car and very solid when I bought it I only found alittle bubble on the rear quarters but after this winter more has popped up so I plan on stripping it down and repainting it before car shows and cruises start back up. It was originally that Rusty bronze color (not my color) but the guy I bought it from said it was painted plum crazy purple back in the late 70's or so and thats the same paint on it now. I love drag racing so before I even bought it I knew the 318 was coming out and some big block was going in, even though it's a really nice 318 with a racing build but it's no big block. It is just about my everyday driver with the exeption of snow, salt and rain. Anyways I think that is about it, look forward to gaining any extra info I can from you guys. There are still problems with it and alot for me to still learn about this car.
Thanks,
~Nick
104_4244.jpg

104_4244.jpg

69B5

Reaction score
Welcome to the RR Regestry, Nick
Looks like you have some nice plans for your Satilite

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn't help but notice the slapper bars on your car...did you put those on or were they already there when you bought it? MoPars use assymetrical (axle is NOT centered in the leaf) springs and unless those bars are really well adjusted they do more harm than good... They're fine for the phords & chebbies with their axles in the center of the springs (they actually need them), but the short front sections of MoPar leafs render them virtually pointless. If you are going to run them on a MoPar make sure that the rubber snubber is hitting the spring eyelet, not the leaf. Not a big deal while your Satellite is LA-powered, but once you have a nice B or RB under the hood you will probably want to revisit this issue... :cents:

moparchris

Reaction score
Welcome Nick, there is a great bunch of guys here. As you can see you alrady woke up the slapper bar police. :lol: Clones rock I have owned a few over the years and really have enjoyed them.

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
Thanks everybody! I know the traction bars don't do any good but I kind of liked the look, one day they will come off!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the birds' nest Nick! :thumbsup: I've seen you on the b-bodies site and I'm glad you made your way over here. It's great to see another young guy into out beloved birds. We have a lot of knowledgeable guys and a lot of fun here so stick around and don't be afraid to join in.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Hey Nick. I've seen your car over on ForBBodies.com. Glad to know one of the "Young Guns" and glad to see you over here.
John

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Hey Nick. I've seen your car over on ForBBodies.com. Glad to know one of the "Young Guns" and glad to see you over here.
John
Thanks, glad to be one of the "young guns" lol I don't understand what kids are huffing to think there import is the sh1t. I guess I was one of the lucky ones who grew up around v8s, drag racing and know what a real car is. unforchantly our cars aren't cheap, so for now I've got the clone but one day when I find a real roadrunner project I can use my car for parts if needed.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Hi Nick, nice car. Think you will have fun with it.
I can't think of anything better to clone a car to than a 69 Roadrunner.. :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MuscleCar91 said:
mcmopar said:
John
Thanks, glad to be one of the "young guns" lol I don't understand what kids are huffing to think there import is the sh1t. I guess I was one of the lucky ones who grew up around v8s, drag racing and know what a real car is. unforchantly our cars aren't cheap, so for now I've got the clone but one day when I find a real roadrunner project I can use my car for parts if needed.

That's too nice to become a parts car... :yesnod:
Maybe when you score your real RR this one can get tubs, 500+ CI, narrowed Dana, etc., etc.... :D

:jester:

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
MuscleCar91 said:
mcmopar said:

That's too nice to become a parts car... :yesnod:
Maybe when you score your real RR this one can get tubs, 500+ CI, narrowed Dana, etc., etc.... :D

:jester:

Yea that would be cool.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I was about 19 when I bought my first MOPAR....
Traction bars were a "must-have"... Just had to post a pic... Welcome!

Back