• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello

Materhead67

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and have a somewhat specific question. And, given the fact that I have ran into so many dead ends I will not be disappointed if this ends up being another.

As you can see in the photo, my parents purchased a new 69' Convertible Road Runner. My father loved to churn vehicles and only kept if for about a year. Moved on to the Plum Crazy purple Duster and then another Road Runner.

I would like to try and determine if this car still exists. I do not have the VIN or any other concrete identifiers. Unfortunately my father passed away a few years back and while my mother is still alive we cannot find any records.

What I do know is that he purchased it from Don Joseph Chrysler Plymouth in Kent, Ohio. I contacted the dealership a few years back (Now DJ Toyota) and they do not have any records. I also contacted the Ohio DMV and they do not keep any records.

Didn't know if this vehicle would register with anyone on the site or if anyone knows a good forensic researcher for old Mopars.

Appreciate any help from fellow RR enthusiasts!

Thanks,
Jay

IMG_0466.JPG

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1) Welcome.
2) Without a VIN you're searching for a needle in a haystack...and even that might be a bit optimistic... Not to mention you will have no way to ever prove or disprove that any car that you might find was actually his car...

Materhead67

Reaction score
Understand completely. Really have no idea what records exist. Meaning any idea how many of that color were produced? Any record of what vehicle was sent to which dealerships. I am guessing that is the only one sent to Don Joseph in 1969.

My mother seems to vaguely recall a gentleman from Ft. Wayne, Indiana ending up with the car.

Like I said, used to dead ends. Thanks!

dmartin

Reaction score
Welcome from the peach state with the wave nice convertible

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome. Sorry to be like the other's. With even having a vin number it is hard to track where these car's are. Wish you luck with the search. :thumbsup2:

Materhead67

Reaction score
Does anyone have the stats on roughly how many of the 2100+ produced convertibles From 69 are known to have survived? I know that’s a stretch as well.

Back