• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP Brake pedal sticking down

Jazzhorns

69 Bahama Yellow-Air Grabber-4 Spd
Reaction score
Hi ya'll,

Bought a 69 RR couple of months back. Noticed when I bought it that the brake pedal seemed to stick, but would release after about a second. Was weird, but I bought the car and brought it home anyway.

Pulled it to the shop, did some motor work but while in the shop replaced a leaky master cylinder and all four wheel cylinders. Fired the engine the first time today and the brake pedal is sticking to the floor. After applying the brake I have to literally use my foot to pull the pedal back to start position.

Anyone else ever had this problem? The only thing I have not replaced is the booster.

Kinda puzzled.

Dave

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hello Jazzhorns. Have you checked the pedal linkage may need some oil but sound's like the return spring is not working in the master cylinder. Is it power brake's or manual. The thing should not go to the floor any way may have air in line's. Did they put a new master cylinder on or rebuild the old one. Well may be some of the other bird owner's will chime in with the rite answer. Oh you do have a booster the think their lies your problem bad diaphragm had that problem before with a few old car's I have had if you can't rebuild it then a new one. Why did the shop not replace it. Or it could be a vacuum leak. Hope this helps you. Russ.:cartman:

Back