• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identify location of these brackets

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Engine Tranny Bracket.JPG I removed these two brackets off my 69 383, they are transmission line brackets, Does anyone have a pic of the location these mount, I never took a pic, so Im not sure where they mounted on the 383

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Never seen them before, but then I haven't worked on many automatic cars

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The bracket on the left I have seen somewhere... I may even have one in my junk box.

For some reason, and I may be 100% wrong, I don't think it belongs with the trans lines.

Any chance either one has a part number?

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Yea I didn't look at it, but there is a number, I painted them today, what thru me Im sure I took it off near the pan, but notice the line in the pic, they were attached to it, and it almost looks like a fuel line end but the other is a transmission cooler, fitting pretty sure, Should of taken more pics, ill try to get the number to post.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Its over my head. Good luck. Did not see any thing like that on my car it had automatic. Not transmission cooler on the car. The 727 in mine was just hooked up. Wish I could be more help. :wtf:

cbusters

Reaction score
Back while visiting wrecking yards in the 70's I remember seeing them bolted under the motor and to the side of the balancer under the pulleys. Just hung out front like an after thought. Interested in seeing a picture of one installed, since I am doing my first auto car.

dmartin

Reaction score
The line looks like a fuel line like a 3/8 line can't see the other end don't recognize the brackets

Back