• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Choke thermostat!

Skey01

Reaction score
I bought one of the repop Choke thermostats, it was a POS. Anyone have any luck with any of them or have any ideas? The dimensions were off on the one I bought. Thanks in advance. I have a 69 bird with a 383.

droptop

Reaction score
What dimensions were off? I have bought several repop's thought the years and never had any trouble with them. The length is adjustable by the bend in the stem.

Skey01

Reaction score
Yes I know, but by the time it was bent to the point the Choke would come off all the way it wouldn't close all the way. I tried adjusting it six ways to Sunday still couldn't get it near rite. Installed lots back in the day as I have been making my living as a mechanic since 76 never had to fool with them like that for sure! Maybe I could have got it after another hour of dinking with it but my time is to valuable. I ordered a gaurenteed parts unit NOS I will let you know how it works. Thanks for trying to help though always appreciated.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is interesting what type carb do you have. I have a holey with electric choke it dose it by it's self just have a hot wire to it. It makes life simple. Let us know what you come up with wish could be of more help. Russ. Oh you heard the story about the mechanic. Every one else's car run fine but his. LOL. Sorry brother.

Back