• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here is the tricky part.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
All the body filler at the back window. Just about when I think I have it have to put some more on. Due to the after market metal have to fill to bring the edge up for window trim. On the quarter and the roof marriage ended up using a piece of 1/4 in fuel line to pull the body filler. Used a sweeping motion from the rain gutter to the back window. It worked better than trying to use a putty blade or the bond O type blades. So here is a few pic's. IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0102.JPG IMG_0101.JPG

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
That is a lot of work for sure! A real pain to make it fit properly... Can't wait to see it done!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well guy's having some problems making the rear window trim fit. It is close but not sure when the window clips are put on if it will be the same. Taped clips to the area where they go and try a test fit had to bend a putty knife so I could hold the clips while checking for fit. It is a sand and check sand and check. No wonder their are so many hours in these restore job's. Well thanks for the encouragement will keep on plugging at it. :BangHead: :kartman:Ok you missed a spot!!!!!!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Just finished the stainless or I'd take pictures of the clip locations

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
How did the trim fit the edge's. Have done test fit with clip's and have found gaps in the bottom corner from the glass. The trim is a little high their. Still tweaking it back their adding a little and sanding a lot. With the test fit the top trim is just below the roll in the metal so trying too make the bottom and side's do the same. Thanks for the pic's of the trim clip's. Will make note of it to my computer. How about a pic of the front clip's also. Dusty Rusty. Oh got the pic saved but don't see the bottom clip's sorry.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just for jest of it the line between Dutch man's panel and the quarter or should I say gap. Had to fill it and will recreate it after the filling the area is done. Noticed the line out side of the trunk lip on the quarter is leading a little in due to the filler and the after market metal so it has a little curve to the roof line at the back window. Don't see any other way to make it look rite. Thank you guy's for all the encouragement and tip's it is well appreciated. The job is a little tougher than it look's till you get in up to your eye ball's. Now where is that beer think it is 5:00 O clock some where. :lol:

dmartin

Reaction score
The outside trim I bought from AMD fits pretty good for after market stuff I also bought the back glass from them also

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea that is where I got mine but it is a little different on the curve's on the bottom piece. Yea bought it through Classic. Opened the box and their sat a AMD box with the trim in it. Could have bought it close to home and had it sooner but did not check with the people I had been dealing with on the body metal. So Out shipping cost and a week to get it. :kartman: Boy they got me on that one!!!!!!###&**!

Back