• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi..my name is Dan....and I'm addicted to Mopars.

BigDaddy440

Reaction score
Hello guys.

Just saying hello. I just started a full resto on my 69 Roadrunner and I thought I'd become a member here. I grew up a Ford guy and still enjoy them, but I have a sweet tooth for Mopars. This is my 2nd 69 Roadrunner, and I also had a 68 Coronet R/T as well. I'm experienced in building engines; mopar, ford, and even....yes, a chevy from time to time. Thanks for stopping in and saying hello!

-Dan

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the Bird's nest Dan! Sounds like you are quite a car guy. We all love to see pictures so why don't you post some of your ride when you get a chance. BTW, that's a good addiction to have!!!! :beep:

solid gold

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome from Missouri! Just finished my resto last summer! Everybody likes pics! :thumbsup: It is more than a hobby-it is an Addiction! :yesnod:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Dan.....Welcome.....wow...2 roadrunners......its not getting any cheaper to restore....its my sweet tooth also :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

69B5

Reaction score
Welcome Dan
You've joined the right 69 Mopar site
These guy's and gal's are top notch
Glad to have you aboard
69B5

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome from Southern Indiana. Admitting a problem is the first step to recovery. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I often tell people that my Mopars is not my hobby, it's my addiction. It's good to know I'm not alone.

BigDaddy440

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. My first roadrunner is long gone...and my newest one just arrived a few months ago.

Here it is coming off the truck.

2iutk7q.jpg

Here she is from the front, sitting high, motorless.

war7ee.jpg

And this was today, not a good photo, but my camera's battery went dead, so I couldn't take anymore.

2r74y1f.gif

Anyway, it's an early A12 car, Ralley Green, Post, 4 speed. Should be a fun project!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

-dan

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69B5 said:
These guy's and gal's are top notch

Fran must be referring to Stuie's undergarments... :basketcase:

Welcome aboard, Dan!

Nice looking piece. Looks like we all spotted the Dana and LOH - is she a real A12? Not that it matters - we love them all - just curious... :thumbsup:

:jester:

BigDaddy440

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, I feel I really got lucky being able to buy this car. It was posted for sale on Moparts, but according to the seller, the ad didn't muster up a lot of interest. I'm sure the economy has a lot to do with that. I just so happened to have sold a project car I finished a few months earlier and had a little extra cash in the bank. I was just thrilled I found a legit six-barrel car with little to no rust. Everything else such as the color and options were just cool "extras".

My plans are for the most part, to restore the car back to fairly stock appearance. Like any car I do, I built it for myself, but I enjoy muscle cars that appear fairly stock and run hard. It spent its entire life running down the quarter mile, and while it will mostly see street time now, I'll surely take it back home to the drag strip for some fun.

The engine will simply be a well built 440 with ported 906s and a roller cam. Factory style induction and of course all in stock dress for that factory look. I have zero ambitions to run a certain number at the track, I just want a powerful street car that runs hard and looks stock. My guess is that it will run low 12s with some decent traction.

I just got up on the Rotisserie this last weekend. I'll keep posting pictures as I make progress. This seems like a great place to meet new people and find great info during the resto process.

Here's my last Mopar Project that I completed many years ago. It was fairly rough when I got it, but all there. It's currently in the Saint Louis MO area and still runs great.

11ju0z8.jpg

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Big Daddy.....i have the same.....most of its life a drag car....had 31,000 on her when i picked it up....shes going to be sweet when you get her done.....nice r/t also....good luck

Back