• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED hood bumper nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
I am missing 1 hood bumper nut, it is the nut on the upper rad. support/ hood pin plate. I didn't even know I was missing it until I was going to put the hood bumpers on. Here is a pic of the nut and 1 of it missing. Does anyone have one they can spare? Let me know and costs.

What do you think is the best way to attach now, post paint? JB weld / superglue?

Thank you

fendernut1.jpg fendernut2.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I will look to see if their is one on the finder that I replaced. Not sure how to attach it. Dose the other one look braded on or welded. Russ.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
The original ones looked to have 4 "ears" bent 90 degrees and pushed through a slit in the plate as you can see them from underneath. It looks like the "ears" are all that remains of mine.

If you have a scrap plate and can see if you can grind it off from the underside, I can then "fit it" from the top side. I am guessing I am going to use some JB weld to hold it on. I don't want to mess up the paint and it is just a stop, so it shouldn't see a lot of pressure/strain.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The original ones looked to have 4 "ears" bent 90 degrees and pushed through a slit in the plate as you can see them from underneath. It looks like the "ears" are all that remains of mine.

If you have a scrap plate and can see if you can grind it off from the underside, I can then "fit it" from the top side. I am guessing I am going to use some JB weld to hold it on. I don't want to mess up the paint and it is just a stop, so it shouldn't see a lot of pressure/strain.
If it where me I would get the good two sided 3M Gray type Emblem tape and try that JB weld will not hold to a smooth surface. May be you can get the tabs out. Use a small drill and drill them out then put the new one in place. I will look and see they may have been pressed in or the tab's twisted slightly to hold it in place. After all it is not being pulled up but pushed down. Just try to get two pieces of metal apart that you put between the 3M double sided tape good luck. That way you won't mess up your paint job. Russ.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I afraid you will end up welding it. That is a lock nut so its hard to screw the bumpers up and down unless you run a tap threw it and take the lock out of it. You could double nut it one on each side of the sheet metal.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I was going to suggest a pinch welder like the one I got from harbor freight. That area could be masked off and repainted. Too bad it was not noticed before painting.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
I think I will double nut it and make the other side match. I don't want to mess the paint up. Let me know if you have an extra one, thanks Russ

dmartin

Reaction score
See if you can use a longer stud for the bumper bolt and weld a washer to a nut on the bottom that way the bumper bolt will go through the top fender nut and through the washer and into the bottom nut and the more you tighten it the more it will squeeze it together maybe you can figure it out

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Where did you find it. On Ebay or some where else. I looked all over also did not even get close. Russ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back