• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood inserts

Jim S.

Reaction score
I'm going to take the red screens out and put my black non-air grabber inserts back in since that is how the car came. (sorry Chip Foose). Should these things be painted satin black or textured Organisol like the V21 hood stripes? Just talking about the ribbed piece that goes inside the actual hood insert. Right now they are satin black and chipped up, need to be redone. Thank you once again in advance..........Jim

mcmopar

Reaction score
I believe they were painted along with the stripes but I could be wrong. I just painted mine a non-textured flat black. The originals on my dad's car were flat black like the hood stripes but didn't seem to be textured.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've seen them red(like mine are), chromed, and black.

Jim S.

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
they look so much better black...dont you think
Yep, I miss how the car looked when they were black. Well I'm going to have to guess that they were not painted along with the hood stripes. When stripping the paint, I found the old zinc Mopar primer under the black so, I bet they were painted elsewhere and installed depending if the car was a air grabber or not. Just my guess, I cannot uncover this info anywhere. I'm painting the damn things satin and forgetting about it.........Jim

moparstuart

Reaction score
Jim S. said:
george68hemirr said:
they look so much better black...dont you think
Yep, I miss how the car looked when they were black. Well I'm going to have to guess that they were not painted along with the hood stripes. When stripping the paint, I found the old zinc Mopar primer under the black so, I bet they were painted elsewhere and installed depending if the car was a air grabber or not. Just my guess, I cannot uncover this info anywhere. I'm painting the damn things satin and forgetting about it.........Jim

dont let the decal/ stripe nazi see LOL

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I've seen them red(like mine are), chromed, and black.

I like the screens painted red... If it's just the non-functional inserts I don't really have a preference... :cents:

:jester:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
you know what would be really cool is a set of those zoomie header sticking out those inserts.....you jump into it and you see flames coming out those pipes :lol: :lol: :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
you know what would be really cool is a set of those zoomie header sticking out those inserts.....you jump into it and you see flames coming out those pipes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe Gary's '65 Coronet A/FX will have RR inserts on the hood with zoomies sticking out... :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

Maybe Gary's '65 Coronet A/FX will have RR inserts on the hood with zoomies sticking out... :thumbsup:

Interesting...... :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:

now that would keep me awake coming home after midnight. :eek:

Jim S.

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
without a doubt, red inserts :thumbsup:
Basketcase, is your car a N96?, because this one isn't. That is why I'm thinking about going back to stock but, after I put them both on, it really changes how the car looks. Here is the "Black and proud" version...........Jim

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Try to pick up a couple sets and switch back and forth every now and then, I would go with blue everyday and red when you're feeling more agressive.

Jim S.

Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
Try to pick up a couple sets and switch back and forth every now and then, I would go with blue everyday and red when you're feeling more agressive.
Getting too old to feel aggressive anymore. Better keep these on in case I run into Spike Lee....Jim

Back