• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood wedges

WWheeler

Reaction score
These are the four rubber wedges that are mounted near the top of the fenders in the engine bay on either side. I believe these are to center the hood when it is shut. Problem is the aftermarket wedges seem way too narrow to be able to contact the sides of the hood. The hood has angled indents where the wedges are supposed to contact. It looks like they are about a 1/4" shy of touching the hood.

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
where did you get them. Have not gotten that far on my runner yet. I am interested in the problem. So keep us up on the wedges.

WWheeler

Reaction score
I bought them from Year One years ago, but I honestly think they were all the same. I have not looked into it for a while now and maybe it has changed. The hood won't be on for several months and can only compare the old not-correct ones to any new ones I get. I'll see if I can measure the ones I have and post that.

The only reason I noticed the gap was because the drive train was out and I poked my head up into the bay and observed with the hood shut. Otherwise, not sure you could ever see. I suppose you could use putty placed on the wedge to determine is there was any contact by measuring the amount of squish.

dmartin

Reaction score
The ones I bought from Year One came in the bumper kit and they work good unless you touch them then they fall out cause the part that goes into the slot is to small

WWheeler

Reaction score
Sounds like they may have changed them since I bought them. The ones I have fit snug into the slot, just don't touch the hood. How frustrating.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Could use something like play dough to test fit. It won't hurt a thing. I used it when trying to figure out how to do the led joint on the quarter and roof joint.
I bought them from Year One years ago, but I honestly think they were all the same. I have not looked into it for a while now and maybe it has changed. The hood won't be on for several months and can only compare the old not-correct ones to any new ones I get. I'll see if I can measure the ones I have and post that.

The only reason I noticed the gap was because the drive train was out and I poked my head up into the bay and observed with the hood shut. Otherwise, not sure you could ever see. I suppose you could use putty placed on the wedge to determine is there was any contact by measuring the amount of squish.[/QUOT

Back