• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you route the fuel line from fuel pump to the carb

nicanor

Reaction score
Currently my fuel line goes from the fuel pump under the alternator against the block/water pump and up the the carb. The car runs well cool bt when the car warms up, the car doesn't run as well. I think the gas is getting too hot. What is the correct way to run this fuel line on a stock 383? Is there a type of insulator that can go around the line to help keep the gas cooler?

Thanks,
Barry

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Re: How do you route the fuel line from fuel pump to the car

That's how the factory did it but I would add either a vapor separator like the 440/6 or hemi uses or a fuel filter that has a vapor return and a 1/4 inch return to the tank. No more problems.

droptop

Reaction score

Today's fuel almost requires a vapor return line. That and a carb spacer to help keep the carb temps down. :cents:

Roadcuda

Reaction score

droptop said:
Today's fuel almost requires a vapor return line. That and a carb spacer to help keep the carb temps down. :cents:
My car has a carb spacer now and it did help on the Carlisle trip, it didn't completely solve the problem, but it is much better then it was.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

where'd you get yours Steve, Summit?

Roadcuda

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
where'd you get yours Steve, Summit?
It was put on by the local Mopar mechanic who figured out the carb was jetted too rich. He may have other source's, but if you want I can try and find out, I may see him at our show Sunday.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

yeah sure Steve, but no big rush. This car runs fine, except when t hets hot in traffice, like the two times I had it at the cruise in Heath. The last two cars got a little hot, but they both had 26" rads without shrouds. this one has a 22", and when it gets real hot, it runs like crap. Haven't had it do that since Heath.

Roadcuda

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
yeah sure Steve, but no big rush. This car runs fine, except when t hets hot in traffice, like the two times I had it at the cruise in Heath. The last two cars got a little hot, but they both had 26" rads without shrouds. this one has a 22", and when it gets real hot, it runs like crap. Haven't had it do that since Heath.
On the Carlisle trip the only problems I has were also in traffic where it started running rough wanting to stall but by putting it in neutral I was able to keep it running, while before it would stall often then be hard to restart. The bigger problem was restarting within 4 or 5 minutes after driving for a while. Other then one time which was a real problem it was much better. It started the first time and ran fine! So yeah, it made a big difference!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

yeah, who does this joker think he is? (see you guys when my suspension is over....)

Roadcuda

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
yeah, who does this joker think he is? (see you guys when my suspension is over....)
BYE,BYE!!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Back