• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does the engine get air with Air Grabber scoop down?

utahcarguy

Reaction score
I just got a 1970 RR with the air grabber (non-original). Their is a skirt around the underside of the hood that covers the air filter. How does the engine get air with the scoop down?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It just chokes and dies :lol: Don't know I never looked that close at the 70 setup

clazar2121

Reaction score
The orange door at the front of the air grabber rotates to let air in when closed. if you start your car & have the hood open, put the grabbber up & watch the orange metal flap rotate closed. When you close the grabber, it opens to allow air in.

Chuck

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hey clazar...do you ever make it down to Beaver for Hot Summer Nights?

utahcarguy

Reaction score
Thank you. My orange plate does NOT rotate when the Grabber opens and closes. Do you mind taking a picture or two to show me how it is supposed to work?

Ranger

Reaction score
It breaths through the 8 under hood holes on each side when the outside air doors are closed.

MB346.jpg

Ranger

Reaction score
Oooooh! I should have realized it when he said "scoop", but I'm such a '69 guy, that anything after that is just beyond my thinking. Excuse me while I go punch my dumbshit card.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Oooooh! I should have realized it when he said "scoop", but I'm such a '69 guy, that anything after that is just beyond my thinking. Excuse me while I go punch my dumbshit card.

Need help :lol:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Actually, because this site focused on 1969 Roadrunners when we started it, a lot of us default to our 1969 knowledge.

Somewhere there's a thread about our favorite year cars...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well worth the drive. we usually get that by noon and it's already packed. everything from /30s to muscle, all brands, and a good amount of mopar.goes well on after dark. this was last year.

PTDC0001.jpg

PTDC0019.jpg

PTDC0041.jpg

PTDC0073.jpg

PTDC0312.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
if you've ever been in Beaver...they close down about 5 blocks of the main drag, cars on both sides of the street, fill the city park on both sides, great time.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Pa has some..different city names...Mars, Moon, Intercourse....

Back