• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How is this Tach mounted?

CompSyn

Reaction score
Help me out. I haven't really looked into this as I'm a ways out on the project but I'd like to know how they mounted the aftermarket tach on this column shifted car? My car is column shifted as well. Anyone know how they accomplished this? Contemplating if I want a reproduction tach in the dash or a tastefully mounted aftermarket tach like the one in this vid? Thanks!

Oh! And long live F5!!!!!

Last edited:

quikbird

Reaction score
This f5 obsession of yours?? We might want to take a good look at your meds. They seem to be off a bit

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I
This f5 obsession of yours?? We might want to take a good look at your meds. They seem to be off a bit
He doesn't have an obsession, there's nothing at all wrong with the way he's thinking. And I'll second his motion!!!!

DSCN6176.JPG

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Quikie it's a green thing :lol: I don't know is there enough stationary column for the old hose clamp trick ? Tastefully mounted that is

CompSyn

Reaction score
Okay guys, Okay!

Did you see my Garage? It's not easy being green. Guess there's really something to that.

Anyway, the guys at moparts think it's a Sun Super Tach mounted the traditional way, by a house clamp or the more modern solution, a big zip tie.

I always assumed there would be interface with the shifter, but guess it's possible.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the wheels on that car should be illegal in all 50.
I wonder if they didn't use one of the switch panel screws...that's how mine was mounted when I got my car. I used the time honored method of hose clamp on the column.
And you Blue Boys and ol Yellow Stain are just GREEN with envy.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you can see the hose clamp on the column in this pic...

18148_551936f3fe7f_low_res.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
"hey Mister...how much you want for that car without the Donk wheels?"

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Wish their was a way to mount one in the instrument cluster. I see some on the console maybe that is where mine will end up. We use to put them on the dash when street racing so we did not have to take our eyes off the road. But it was a street racer and not a restored car. :thumbsup:

CompSyn

Reaction score

Yeah, I actually had a factory tach I just sold to finance my upcoming bodywork. The reproduction tach is a strong possibility though. However, when I saw the way the tach in the OP seemed fitting to the car, it reminded me of a nostalgic day-two mod like in the following pics. But relax, I have no desire to put holes in my dash.

35995141006_9f518985d8_c.jpg
35865662102_7bba84981d_c.jpg
35865662102_7bba84981d_c.jpg
06-1968-plymouth-gtx-sun-tachometer[/url] by Anthony Garner, on Flickr[/IMG]

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Never understood a tach in an automatic, don't you put it in drive and stand on it :lol:

Back