• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idler Arm

RonLiv

Reaction score
I had a.wobble in my front end that was driving me crazy. I couldn't really ID it coming from one wheel or the other, was always checking tire pressure and wheel balance. All the suspension parts were tight and the bearings were new.

Finally brought it over to JD'S Performance Center, where they have a Mopar specific guy and who solved all my engine problems.

Bad Idler arm. Problem solved.

Ranger

Reaction score
I bought my Road Runner just NE of Detroit and drove it home to NW of Chicago (375 miles). Car drove fine and even tracked straight as an arrow at 70 MPH with hands off. Got it home and found the idler arm as loose a a 70 year old whore. I'm still amazed.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Mine would shimmy up through the steering column, so that should have tipped me off I guess. Sometimes it would be fine, others it was so bad I would have to pull over. Once I came to a stop and started again, it would go away. It was driving me crazy trying to diagnose what was going on. When I told Carl & Ray at JD's what was happening they put it up on the rack and said "Ah, there's your problem". Took them all of 5-minutes. I know a lot here are rolling there eyes right now, but I'm pretty far from anywhere near being a "mechanic." I could not do the things you guys do on this page, I'm in awe of the knowledge.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Putting one on a rack takes the pressure off the tires and reveals a lot on the steering part's. That is when the slack really show's up. At lest you know a good shop that did not take you to the cleaners. Good to have guy's like that you can trust. Russ.

RonLiv

Reaction score
I really like those guys. I've learned a ton from them. They keep you as involved as you want with what is going on with your car. When they tore apart my motor, I was getting pictures everyday and they let me source parts and even get my hands dirty if I wanted. Joe owns the place and Ray is the number 2, they're both mustang guys. They turn out a lot of Mustangs from their shop. Ray races his mustang, and is currently being built over. Carl is the Mopar guru. Would really highly recommend these guys: https://www.jdsautorestoration.com/

Back