• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition hot not working

Mark M

Reaction score
I was driving my 1970 roadrunner and it just died on me. Crank it and no fire. There is no power on the fire wall. And then today it acts like nothing was a problem. Anybody had this issue?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Might want to check the resistor on the fire wall. You say no power on the fire wall. Where did you check for power. Might be a loose connection some where. Check fuse box and clean it. One could be loose. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Gary_31

Reaction score
Like Russ stated, it depends on where you checked for power. It could be several things.. The ignition switch for one, the older ones some times arc and quit, the next time you turn it it may knock off the arc spot. I have been working on my 69 and I had ignition switch on for a couple of hours and it killed the coil. The fuse box can also be doing the same thing. They get rusty and don't always make good contact. Granted they are in a very hard to get at place to clean. One of the members used ketchup (acid in the tomatoes) to clean his dimmer switch, this may be a good thing to tune up the fuse box. Good Luck

dmartin

Reaction score
Might be your electronic ignition box mine went out on me a couple weeks ago no fire anywhere put new on fired right up they give you a little warning but not much

Back