• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition switch and lighter.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep finally got the right tumbler to go into the old ignition switch. Though I was just about stuck with buying the conversion kit from classic. Also found the knob for the cig lighter on E Bay off Coronet for 25 buck's It was a hard Item to find. Got the gut's for every thing off Part's mix. But the ash receiver cost about 80 buck new or repro. So the hole ash tray is all their now. like we all ways say It is the little things that are hard to come buy. So persistence is a virtue if you got the patience's. :kartman: Now dag nab it I think I deserve a Ice Cold Beer.

Anthony69Runner

Reaction score
Yep finally got the right tumbler to go into the old ignition switch. Though I was just about stuck with buying the conversion kit from classic. Also found the knob for the cig lighter on E Bay off Coronet for 25 buck's It was a hard Item to find. Got the gut's for every thing off Part's mix. But the ash receiver cost about 80 buck new or repro. So the hole ash tray is all their now. like we all ways say It is the little things that are hard to come buy. So persistence is a virtue if you got the patience's. :kartman: Now dag nab it I think I deserve a Ice Cold Beer.
Hey Russ
How does the tumbler stay in the ignition switch. My keeps coming out with the key, is there a set screw. Some one told me its a pin.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes it is a pin that hold's the tumbler in. Don't know if a lock smith can fix it or not. Of course Parts Mix has the tumbler or classic industries. I would take it out and put some JB blaster on it work it in and out could just be it is stuck the spring that is. Wish you luck Anthony. :thumbsup:

Anthony69Runner

Reaction score
Yes it is a pin that hold's the tumbler in. Don't know if a lock smith can fix it or not. Of course Parts Mix has the tumbler or classic industries. I would take it out and put some JB blaster on it work it in and out could just be it is stuck the spring that is. Wish you luck Anthony. :thumbsup:
After talking to someone and a few pics the pin is on the tumbler. I thought it was something you hammer in the hole. :lol: I feel so dumb. Im going to removed the switch from the dashboard.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea it should be spring loaded. Now the thing is the housing it goes into that hole may be worn to where the pin will not stay in it. I had a heck of a time finding both but finally got both. Wish you luck on that. Like I said JB blaster on the pin and work it in and out. Could be a lot of stuff built up in their. Russ.

Anthony69Runner

Reaction score
Yea it should be spring loaded. Now the thing is the housing it goes into that hole may be worn to where the pin will not stay in it. I had a heck of a time finding both but finally got both. Wish you luck on that. Like I said JB blaster on the pin and work it in and out. Could be a lot of stuff built up in their. Russ.
I bought a new ignition switch and door lock set. Came with the ignition tumbler. The ignition switch came with two small springs. What are they for.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I did not see any springs in my part's that I ordered. Maybe some one else knows or call the people you ordered it from. :thumbsup:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I did not do that much just try my best. I has been a long time since being around Mopar's. Had a dodge charger in the day and my buddy and I where half's on a street drag car which was a Duster. Now I have the mopar I always wanted a Roadrunner. Making it like I want it to be as if I ordered it that way. Putting Two and a half recurve six leaf rear spring's. The factory ones where not that strong also will put a anti sway bar on the back. Good luck and Keep on running runner. Russ.

Anthony69Runner

Reaction score
I did not do that much just try my best. I has been a long time since being around Mopar's. Had a dodge charger in the day and my buddy and I where half's on a street drag car which was a Duster. Now I have the mopar I always wanted a Roadrunner. Making it like I want it to be as if I ordered it that way. Putting Two and a half recurve six leaf rear spring's. The factory ones where not that strong also will put a anti sway bar on the back. Good luck and Keep on running runner. Russ.
Well you lead me in the right direction like the dash pad which I have one nut to take off in the right corner. It’s giving me a hard time.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Don't you just want to shoot something so you will feel better. :elmer: I don't know why the engineer designed thing's that way. Put some more nut blaster on it and let it soak. Here is something that might work mix one third vinegar to three part's water in a spray bottle. Spray that nut with the mix let it sit may take a couple of try's but the solution will work on the rust holding the nut. Hope this will help. Had a lot of people give me info on the sight while working on this runner. That is what a good group of guy's will do one motor head helping another. Good luck and the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Latter Anthony. Russ.

Back