• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition switch

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I bought one off line and it is to small to fit the original housing. All I need is the lock that fit's in it. Dose any one have a good place to get it and what to ask for.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea old E bay let me down. The one I got was from NAPA old stock. Will check out classic for sure. Back window trim form them and paid more than if I got it form Auto Body Specialties plus shipping cost and a little higher also had to wait a week for it to get to me. Oh well. Thanks for the info. If I can ever get away from the trunk and back glass area might make some time on getting this car painted. Cant wait to have the new paint smell on the car.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I can still smell it on mine....but of course it's raining and it's stuck in the garage.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i actually bought the 68 from napa and used the guts into the 69 housing. 69 is a one year only.

droptop

Reaction score
I agree with Mac. The lock cylinder is interchangeable between 68 and 69. The only difference is the OD of housing that goes through the dash frame.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well just trying not to get duped again. Had the tumbler out and the key man took it and made it so the key work's but just for cranking it won't lock. Picking up the inside part's while working on the body. Thank ya for the input.

Back