• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPORTANT - Upcoming site upgrades

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all ---

The time has come that I need to do a major upgrade to the site.

The main reason for this is that the software the site runs on really isn't being developed anymore, and as time goes on, isn't going to be as secure as I want it to be. It also doesn't offer the features it could because its no longer being developed for.

All of our other sites have converted to the new software already. The new software is similar in many ways, but offers an easier / better way to do many things. For example, it will be easier to upload photos, access the site on a phone, be notified of threads that are important to you -- stuff like that.

For those of you who hate change, I get it. BUT -- I ask you to be a little open minded. In the end you'll find out that its a lot better. Here are just a few posts on one of the other sites about the switch:

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

The only real thing you guys need to be concerned about are any saved private messages you might have. Unfortunately, because the new system handles private messages a little differently, all private messages will be deleted. SO take a moment to save any important information you might have there.

If you would like to see what the site will be like --- take a look at www.forfmjbodiesonly.com

Feel free to post any questions and I will do my best to answer them here... I don't have a specific date for the software change, but it will be soon. We are currently testing the process.

Thanks for understanding guys ---

Joeychgo

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The software upgrade is a good one. I go on FCBO quite a bit and I find the new software pretty easy to use. There's some nice features and I like it. The message system is a bit different and takes some getting used to, but it works fine.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
on no!!!! change!!!!!!:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
" I don't have a specific date for the software change, but it will be soon. We are currently testing the process."

from Joey's post.........

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:toetap::toetap::toetap: Gear reduction starters, world is flat, green cars and old software rule :jester:

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
The only thing I don't like is I can't read the responses to threads in the email alert. Other than that the new versions of the XenForo are fine and I'm sure will get even better in the next couple of years.

mikerr

Reaction score
Great idea

HI JOE THANKS! everything needs a tune up now and then. GOOD LUCK! MIKERR

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to highlight this part:

The only real thing you guys need to be concerned about are any saved private messages you might have. Unfortunately, because the new system handles private messages a little differently, all private messages will be deleted. SO take a moment to save any important information you might have there.

Photon440

Reaction score
I got used to the changes at FBBO real quickly. It's now so much easier to upload a picture, I wouldn't want to go back. Thanks Joey!

Oh, and it's real easy for everyone to save their private messages here. Go to the bottom of the PM page and use the 'Download all private messages as:' option.

Last edited:

peresvet24

Reaction score
I like! I have problems to register in "for-A-body-only" probably there is limited access Territorially the Republic of Moldova is not supported ???

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
he's just banning anyone named Harry......:lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
oh there are other Harry's here Harry....but you're the only one to admit it.....:bart::bart::bart::jester:

MsBeep

Reaction score
I'm starting to use both FBBO and 69roadrunner.net. Upgrades are good... Thanks for the heads-up Joey. :applouse:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Change must be good look at all the part's I have had to change on the Runner. That old rust bucket wont be any more!!!!:yesnod:

Back