• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inner side trim

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So this screw hole when holding up the piece in side the car. Looks like the screw would go into the upper rain gutter. But their is no hole their. Any ideas or picture would be appreciated. IMG_0101 (2).JPG IMG_0102 (2).JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Bet I will have to drill a hole in the new rain gutter's. Darn putting a hole in my new painted metal. :BangHead:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I know the factory did not care bet they did not put any thing in the hole except the screw. I used black RVT around the screw's for the window trim. Yes having to drill holes is not my best idea to keep a car rust free. I always put paint in the hole then put some on the screw. Thanks 1968 man.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Tail light buckets where put on with seam sealer then used all metal to fill the joint's. No seams to leak.

1968 man

Reaction score
You filled the quarter extentions with metal ? and seam sealed the bucket that holds the tail lights ? just wondering how it looked being one piece. You might be on to something.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
All metal is a filler not bond o. Filled the lead seam where the roof meets the quarter and other areas with the product. Not like fiber glass it has a metal compound in the resin. IMG_0102 (1).JPG

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
We have done the same thing to several of our cars over the years, only problems we ran into was with the cars that we modified the engines, especially the 4 speed cars, the body would twist over time without subframe connectors and the joints at the roof and quarters and there at the trunk/back window would crack after time

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I can believe that for sure. But according to what I have read this stuff has a high psi factor. Lead even has come loose in those areas. We have added cross bracing to car's we drag raced and still had cracks form in the body as well as twisted frame's. This is not a race car and it might get a little rough treatment from time to time. Just hope every thing that was done will hold up to the stress. Will keep the 383 in it and not modify it to the point of a race motor. A little hotter cam just for the sound effect. Thanks for shearing your thought's and I am with you on many of those thoughts. Time will only tell. :steering:

Back