• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is A12 this for real?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I just saw this on ebay. It seems strange to me that an A12 car, (even if it is a reproduction,) with a starting bid of under $25,000 has no bids with less then three hours left. It's not a 6pack engine, other then that it looks stock. What do you guys think, is it me or does something look strange about this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-1-2 ... dZViewItem

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Got me??? Looks like a pretty sweet car.... all I can think of is it's not a real good time to buy toys for a lot of people.

Four speed, mild build 440, post car 69 Road Runner sounds like a real good time to me!!!!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely not an A12.
Hood hinges.
No three speed wipers.
8.75" - No Dana.
I could go on, but the point is moot as the ad clearly states that it is a reproduction.

Probably no action because you can't even tell if it is a real RR or just a doctored up Belvedere since he chose to offer no VIN info, fender tag info, or any other relevent info for that matter.

As for the question posed in the subject line - you already knew the answer based on the asking price; you can't touch a legit A12 in that condition for less than three times that amount - soft economy or not...LOL!
:D
Ray

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Got me on this one too. Looks like a decent car, not even close to a good clone A12, but still looks like a nice cruiser.

Maybe the market for these is softer then we think.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Ida bought it if it wasn't for the goofy fill tube on the valve cover..........

glhcarl

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I just saw this on ebay. It seems strange to me that an A12 car, (even if it is a reproduction,) with a starting bid of under $25,000 has no bids with less then three hours left. It's not a 6pack engine, other then that it looks stock. What do you guys think, is it me or does something look strange about this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-1-2 ... dZViewItem
Maybe the economy is really as bad as the news keeps telling me. I agree that someting looks strange, but what?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
glhcarl said:
I agree that someting looks strange, but what?

I think it is the poverty caps on a car that he wanted to look like an original A12...they seem to just throw it off a little bit... JMHO

Ray

Back