• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Is this to good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonLiv

Reaction score
"All original unrestored survivor, matching numbers coupe that has never left Indy. All original standard bore 440 6 pack/18 spline 4speed Dana 60 Suregrip. Original owner is a NAM vet friend of mine and only drove it 2 years, hence the 16k original miles. Stored ever since. Plates and inspection sticker on it are from '71. I freshened up engine/clutch/carbs etc but left the original unrestored external appearance, just as I love seeing them. Runs perfect and cool. All original from air cleaner to lug nuts including original redlines. Original H pipe still on the car, have not reinstalled original mufflers, tailpipes or tips yet. Everything works. Sits on newer tires now for safety reasons. Stored in a barn with concrete floor since '82 but still suffered exposure as seen. Floors and frame are rock solid with only light surface rust in some areas. Interior near perfect except mice holes in headliner and drivers seat just started to split last year. Never shown to anyone. Original title, flawless build shield and original dealership glovebox packet. Fender tag was removed and he's never found it. Rear bumper was replaced with a '68 after he dented it. Serious inquiries only."

They are asking $16,500

RonLiv

Reaction score
Where is this located?
Fantasy Land for all I know. I probably should have prefaced the post with "I'm not the owner". I do have a call into the guy and will go look at it if the car exists. Somehow I think this is too good to be true.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That car allegedly sold on E-Bay last year for $90K. I specifically used the term "allegedly" because it looked like a bunch of shill bidding. It had previously been listed on Craigslist for $150K and carsonline for $129K as a low mileage survivor. It had about 16K miles on it. You sure that you don't have the mileage confused with the listed price?

RonLiv

Reaction score
That car allegedly sold on E-Bay last year for $90K. I specifically used the term "allegedly" because it looked like a bunch of shill bidding. It had previously been listed on Craigslist for $150K and carsonline for $129K as a low mileage survivor. It had about 16K miles on it. You sure that you don't have the mileage confused with the listed price?

The add does state 16,000 miles but clearly shows $16,500 as the price. So the add is incorrect or this is a scam. I somehow thought I saw this car somewhere before, maybe even discussed on this page. In any event if the car is for sale, I have a call into the guy. I'll sort it out if he calls. Thanks, figured you would have your finger on the goings on in the world of A12's.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Oh the tragedy of it all:

Hi, this is Antonia! Thanks for contacting and glad to see you're interested and I'm very sorry for the delayed response, I was at the hospital - I don't feel very well! It’s in great condition as you can see, has no issues mechanically, electrically or any other to be noted. No accidents, no rust or leaks, straight body. It was my husband's baby "Life is too short to drive a boring vehicle" he always said, but he passed away earlier this year and being in a difficult situation I'm forced to sell it. Also, I recently moved to my late parents' house in Iowa cause I had a thyroidectomy and need rest managing the recovery. Considering the circumstances, I made arrangements with a shipping company to help me with payment and delivery as I'm unable to. It's already in their possession all prepped & ready for delivery which is free. Price is $16,500 no other fees involved.

For more details please reply with your name, phone, zip & address so I can provide it to the shipping guys and they will contact you in the morning, so you'll be able to talk to them directly. They will also provide the legal contract between me and them to show authenticity & delivery are guaranteed.

I look forward to your reply and I sincerely appreciate in advance your patience!

Thanks and God bless you!

RonLiv

Reaction score
I like how the suffix on "Antonia's" email address is "con" LOL

Here was my response:

Antonia:

First I'm very sorry to hear of your health issues. And you have my condolences on the death of your husband. I hope you recover fully and able to resume a happy life.

I won't purchase the car sight unseen. I'm just a little confused as to where it is. I live outside of Philadelphia so if the car is still in this general area it is easy enough for me to go and make payment and see the car. By luck I have a cousin who is an Iowa State Trooper and also a car guy who's opinion I trust and he would gladly view the car, make payment for me and then transport it. He has access to a truck and trailer, and so do I. In either case, you would not have to assume any of the shipping costs, I can transport the car myself.

You can have the shipper contact me directly if he is going to manage the sale at this email address.

Thank you

RonLiv

Reaction score
I should have asked her what happened to the Viet Nam Vet guy who owns the car referred to in the original add?

I guess that was her husband maybe?

RonLiv

Reaction score
And the saga continues. I told her I'm out.

Dear Ronald,

Thanks so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it.

I already told you it is located at the shipping company here in Iowa ready for delivery. I'm really sorry if this doesn't work for you. Again, I was very honest about my current situation and about the deal to be handled by the shipping company. The company offers 5 days for inspection period from the moment you receive it at your location. During this time you can check it with your mechanic or do whatever you want. If by any reason doesn't pass your testing period the company will refund your money and the shipping back will be my concern, but I assure you it won't be the case.

Unfortunately, even if there is this possibility to come now it is almost impossible because of the events generated by the Covid-19 virus! No problem if you don't want to buy online, I'll try to find another buyer because we don't have more time because of the virus!

I have a lot of offers - I just wait for a final decision from many buyers. I'll take the best and fastest offer. So if you agree, please email me the buyer's info: full name, address, and phone. I'll get things starting and the shipping company will guide you through the process - tomorrow morning.

Sincerely,
Antonia

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It is sad that these people can grab pic's off the net then run a scam of the car for sale. I don't know how many I came across when looking for a runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back