• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just installed new dash pad in the Runner... What a PITA

MuscleMopars

Reaction score
I just installed a new dash pad in my Runner and let me tell you... it was a pain in the azz! Had to take pretty much the whole dash apart to get to it. After pulling everything out I did notice that most everything could use some cleaning and detailing so reassembly is going slow... But it will look great when done!

002a.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty easy to get to, but then there was no car or wiring to contend with :basketcase: Looks good

roadrunner restoration 873 (500x375).jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks great :thumbsup:
the Rally Dash in the Charger's are alot easier. when I did Freebird, I had the dash out of the car and it was a piece of cake.

MuscleMopars

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
looks great :thumbsup:
the Rally Dash in the Charger's are alot easier. when I did Freebird, I had the dash out of the car and it was a piece of cake.

Yes, with the whole dash out of the car it would be easy. I have cuts all over my hands from reaching into small spaces with sharp edges...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and all the while you're thinking..."what the hell am I doing messing around with these #%@@%$#@!!! old cars for!"

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Looks good and when all is done you will sit back in the seat and just have abig ol smile on :thumbsup:

joewhite440

Reaction score
They are a pain when they are in the car. But the Windshield has to come out to remove the Dash so it is the lesser of two evils!
It looks great! Where did you get the pad from?

MuscleMopars

Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
They are a pain when they are in the car. But the Windshield has to come out to remove the Dash so it is the lesser of two evils!

I got the pad from Dantes Mopar Parts. He always carries the top of the line parts so you know it will fit and look correct. And so far, it looks very nice in the car. When I got the car the original pad was cracked in several places and it had a dash pad cover on it that was cracked too so a new one was in order!

MuscleMopars

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
how do the ends fit up to the A-pillar molding at each end ?
the three aftermarket ones i have bought lately are way to short ??

I know what you mean, I have seen those short ones. This one is an exact (or close to it) repro and it fits perfectly and looks great. Although I did have to hog out the openings of the pillar post moldings where they wrap around the ends of the dash pad. The ends are just a little fatter on this pad but there was enough material on the plastic moldings that it was easy to grind away a little bit on the edges for a great fit! Just finished install today.

003a.jpg

joewhite440

Reaction score
joewhite440 said:

Looks great and Thanks for the info.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great job. From what you said about doing yours I'm glad that I don't have to do mine! :D

Back