• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just looking for some input

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
I recently purchased this 69 GTX and while it is still original paint it is quite worn and has a few dents and dingles. it is F3 Frost Green with a V1F Antique Green Vinyl Top.

So should I just leave this as it is or repaint it back to it former glory? Which leads me to if repainting it do I want to do it as the factory did using a baked acrylic enamel, or base coat clear coat. Consider that this GTX will be a summer driver, and no plans for a full blown nut and bolt revival...at least in the near future. Back in the day it seems that the baked on enamel had a feel and personality all its own, and when taken care of held up quite well.

DSC00449.JPG

69xws.jpg

whayden2003

Reaction score
I'd say drive it for a couple years. That way when you do get to working on it you'll be missing so bad you'll hurry and finish it.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You need to get paint on the rust area's. Need more pic's to see the dent's and ding's. If you go U tube and look for my friend Pete or look up 69 runner restore. This will show you what to do. Treat the rust with vinegar and water solution to kill it then prime it. I would drive it but treat that rust first. Might want to paint it single stage paint faster than two stage Or color coat clear coat. Nice car. Question dose you car have the rear window defrost if so need some pic's.

droptop

Reaction score
Nice. Calf car with noise reduction package. I believe that would be the dual snorkel air cleaner and turn downs on the rear exhaust instead of chrome tips. I have a soft spot for 69 GTX's as my first car was a F5 triple green. No way would I use enamel paint. Base clear is the way to go in my opinion.

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
Nice. Calf car with noise reduction package. I believe that would be the dual snorkel air cleaner and turn downs on the rear exhaust instead of chrome tips. I have a soft spot for 69 GTX's as my first car was a F5 triple green. No way would I use enamel paint. Base clear is the way to go in my opinion.

I will take more pictures of it today and post, it does have the dual snorkel air cleaner with a 4640SA AVS setting under it still and the turn down tips.

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
You need to get paint on the rust area's. Need more pic's to see the dent's and ding's. If you go U tube and look for my friend Pete or look up 69 runner restore. This will show you what to do. Treat the rust with vinegar and water solution to kill it then prime it. I would drive it but treat that rust first. Might want to paint it single stage paint faster than two stage Or color coat clear coat. Nice car. Question dose you car have the rear window defrost if so need some pic's.

No rear window defroster just rear speaker option. I will check out the youtube today THANKS! and get more pictures

RonLiv

Reaction score
Either way, fresh paint or as is it's a super car! Can't go wrong with that one.

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score

DSC00477.JPG

DSC00476.JPG

DSC00475.JPG

DSC00474.JPG

DSC00473.JPG

DSC00472.JPG

DSC00471.JPG

DSC00470.JPG

DSC00469.JPG

DSC00468.JPG

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
Judging from the dents and parking lot dings and scrapes I would say that it was last driven by and elderly person(mind you I am 64 LOL) and probably parked for everyones safety concerns including the cars.

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
I recognize this car. Did it come from the Louisville, Cinninatti area?
Yes and was in Colorado for a stretch according to the paper work that came with it (along with original California owners name). I will try and trace its history at some point.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well she don't look too bad. Look's like most thing's can be fixed. Don't do like gas monkey and clear it please. It is screaming fix me and give me a coat of paint. Good luck If you get to doing body work it takes longer than one would think. Nice car. :beep:

Back