• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K Member Build Date

moparchris

Reaction score
I am wondering what the build date of my k frame is to see if its the original to my Bee. The numbers I came up with are 1191. I dont think it makes sense. Can anyone help me with understanding how the Chrysler calendar works. Its tough to make out the numbers since there are a lot of witness marks from the dye that stamped the k-frame. Ray already told me some info but my memory is crappy and the more I look at it the less I remember what he said! :brickwall:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chris:

Read this thread. This is as much as I know about the subject...
Seems like you're missing a number...unless your K-Member was stamped on January 11, 1969 on first shift... If so, then it isn't original to your car...earliest known A12s are February cars IIRC...and I think those were pilot or prototype cars...again, IIRC...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=612&hilit=1559&start=0

Ray

moparchris

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Its real hard to read it, I just went out and sanded down the k member and I still am not sure what numbers are there. It looks like 1619. With the 6 and 1 in the center are the hardest to read. The outline of the stamp is there but the number is too light. Looks like from my calculations its June 10th on non leap year.

Thanks Bob I do feel better. Did the suit and tie guys know that at the Dana point show? I bet that might have cost you the gold! :acme: The unfortunate thing for me is the reproduction fender tag. So I really have no idea when my car was built, not that it matters when I am sideways layin some rubarb. :drive:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Thanks for the info guys. Its real hard to read it, I just went out and sanded down the k member and I still am not sure what numbers are there. It looks like 1619. With the 6 and 1 in the center are the hardest to read. The outline of the stamp is there but the number is too light. Looks like from my calculations its June 10th on non leap year.

Thanks Bob I do feel better. Did the suit and tie guys know that at the Dana point show? I bet that might have cost you the gold! :acme: The unfortunate thing for me is the reproduction fender tag. So I really have no idea when my car was built, not that it matters when I am sideways layin some rubarb. :drive:
Chris whats you sequence #, with the registry for A12s I bet you can get within a few weeks :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
Its possible that's the right date...
Technical bulletin to build the cars wasn't written until 1/15 - 1/17 so this is highly unlikely...and his car has a 267XXX VIN sequence IIRC...which puts it right in the middle of the pack...

Big John said:
more likely its missing a 1 on the front of the number.
:yesnod: Yep, I'll second that...or as I stated before maybe the K-Member got changed; happened to a lot of those cars. I know a guy in Atlanta with a B5 A12 Bee whose car had a Hemi K-Member in it when he got it. The car was a drag car from day one - so eventually someone stepped up to the big dog engine... :D

:jester:
ACME

moparchris

Reaction score
Is June 10th possible? I think 1619 are the numbers. The K frame is a correct A12 part according to the article Big John shared with us.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Is June 10th possible? I think 1619 are the numbers. The K frame is a correct A12 part according to the article Big John shared with us.

The big thing is its the correct k-frame.

Back