• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Known 1969 Hemi Road Runner Convertibles

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
So here are the facts. 10 cars created, 6 automatics and 4 manuals.

Currently, these are the cars accounted for.

Seafoam Turquoise

Currently being restored by Graveyard Carz. Owner unknown.
21npnyp.jpg

Spanish Gold

Residing in Arizona.
ejy7ih.jpg

Ivy Green Poly, Black Interior

Currently in the Brothers Collection
download.jpg

Ivy Green Poly, Tan Interior

Former Otis Chandler car. Current owner unknown.
RRconv.jpg

Let's try and keep the discussion centered on these cars, their authenticity and the missing cars. I hope we can locate a few more.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
"Let's try and keep the discussion centered "

on this board? good luck with that. Is the Chandler car the one MCG did that came from a junkyard?

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
No. That would be the Brothers Collection car.

"Let's try and keep the discussion centered "

on this board? good luck with that. Is the Chandler car the one MCG did that came from a junkyard?

moparchris

Reaction score
Speaking of 69 Hemi Road Runner convertibles. Not even Chrysler knows how many they made. I love the experts who go out and write books or TV shows or Magazines or whatever internet blog and claim they know the magic number of cars were built when the records are no where to be found. Hows that for centered.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Speaking of 69 Hemi Road Runner convertibles. Not even Chrysler knows how many they made. I love the experts who go out and write books or TV shows or Magazines or whatever internet blog and claim they know the magic number of cars were built when the records are no where to be found. Hows that for centered.

But its on the internet, it has to be true

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yep, I concur... The answer is 5.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
image.jpg
Here's #5 Mine was the first one known by Galen Govier to exist: Y2, two tone tan bench interior, column automatic, PS, PDB, PW, tach, tinted glass all around, A01, AM radio and white top. I restored it about 90% and sold it before I finished it. It lives in Ontario now. I have heard of an undocumented red one in NW Pennsylvania and there is supposed to be a white one from AZ or maybe the LA area?

image.jpg

Last edited:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
John - thanks for sharing that. You've had some great cars over the years. How long ago did you sell the Hemi Drop-Top?

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
April 2004. I found it in Lakeland, Florida, home of Car Review magazine, in 1989. I thought that was ironic since they always had an article about cars found in barns in their magazine. It was born in Sarasota (had the dealer sticker on the trunk). The dealer gave me a name and I traced it back to the original owner, a multi- millionaire who was deceased. The car had a dealer installed 150 mph speedometer and a 2.71 rear and was often taken on high speed runs from Sarasota to the Keys back in 69/70. It was lucky to have survived. I never looked for the original motor.

Back