• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Landmark Mopar Southern Classic

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have always wanted to go to this show, but something always seems to come up...

Tom, are you attending since it's in your backyard?

Ray

droptop

Reaction score
This is the show that Marcus from .org helps put together. He is in charge of the speedway cruises. My Father and I went to this show last year and had a very good time. Not sure about taking another car that far, but we might just drive down for the weekend to enjoy the show.

toms69rr

Reaction score
I have always wanted to go to this show, but something always seems to come up...

Tom, are you attending since it's in your backyard?

Ray
I have been the last 5 years. But this year I going to take the car
Just about finished and it will be the time of the show

Tom

glhcarl

Reaction score
Any of you that attend the Landmark Southern Classic show look me up. In the morning I will be parking vendors, stop by and see me. I would really like to meet you all.

Carl

droptop

Reaction score
We just made our hotel resv. We are taking the Prowler this year. Looking forward to meeting you all, and Carl it will be good to see you again.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm locked in. I'm flying up a couple days early for business - so there will be no cars involved for me unfortunately.

I know how to find Carl, but what about the rest of you guys? Any thoughts? Should be able to find Tom if he brings the white RR. Maybe I'll just post a note on here a couple of days before advising of the hat & t-shirt I plan to wear...???

:jester:
Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Well tomorrow is the day! I'm looking forward to this show. I'm quite certain that I'll find some good parts - I ALWAYS do whenever I fly to a show. If I drive my truck to a show in order to haul stuff back it's like some kind of curse - I never find squat... :lol:

I'll be wearing my black A12 Registry T-shirt so I shouldn't be too hard to spot - there aren't a lot of those T-shirts out there! Be sure to stop me if you recognize the shirt - hoping to meet those of you that will be there. Hopefully Tom will take his car so I'll be able to find him in the show field...

Ray

droptop

Reaction score
We are getting ready to leave. We are towing the Prowler with the SST truck. Both are black, so we should be easy to find. I will be glad when we get a trailer, or some way to carry luggage with out towing every where we go. We are staying Friday night, so we will be there as soon as the doors open Sat morning. Looking forward to the first show of the season and of course the speedway cruise. See you all Sat.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hey if you guys spot Marcus, tell'm to drop in once in a while!
and ah.......you know..... :redx: :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice show - but smaller than I had expected. Decent car turn out - some vintage racers, a few winged cars, and Darren Tedder's monster '71 Hemi Cuda.

Hardly any vendors there and the swap meet was more like what you'd expect when a local cruise in says it's okay to bring some parts along to try to sell. As I am always hunting parts this segment of the show was seriuosly disappointing. AMS Obsolete was there however, and they actually manufacture the reproduction armrests. I gave them some of my hard-earned cash and they are supposed to make me a set of B7 armrests for Bambi. Apparently they can spray the molds in blue before they make them and then I won't have to dye them...

I had the pleasure of meeting Harold and his wife. We got to give a couple of RRs the once-over together - including the 1 of 1 black A12 with the white vinyl roof and platinum interior.

Looked for Tom's white RR as he had said previously that he would be there but I never saw it - took off about one o'clock to catch a flight - maybe he came later... Harold said that he spotted Marcus' brother's car there - but no Marcus. As I don't know Marcus I wouldn't know him if he fell on me...

That's my trip report for the Landmark event. :D

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Nice show - but smaller than I had expected. Decent car turn out - some vintage racers, a few winged cars, and Darren Tedder's monster '71 Hemi Cuda.

Hardly any vendors there and the swap meet was more like what you'd expect when a local cruise in says it's okay to bring some parts along to try to sell. As I am always hunting parts this segment of the show was seriuosly disappointing. AMS Obsolete was there however, and they actually manufacture the reproduction armrests. I gave them some of my hard-earned cash and they are supposed to make me a set of B7 armrests for Bambi. Apparently they can spray the molds in blue before they make them and then I won't have to dye them...

I had the pleasure of meeting Harold and his wife. We got to give a couple of RRs the once-over together - including the 1 of 1 black A12 with the white vinyl roof and platinum interior.

Looked for Tom's white RR as he had said previously that he would be there but I never saw it - took off about one o'clock to catch a flight - maybe he came later... Harold said that he spotted Marcus' brother's car there - but no Marcus. As I don't know Marcus I wouldn't know him if he fell on me...

That's my trip report for the Landmark event. :D

Ray
I'll give you a B+ on your report but how about Basketcase :redx:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I'll give you a B+ on your report but how about Basketcase :redx:

There are no pictures...best I'll get from Basketcase is a C-...and that includes the extra credit earned for answering his question about Marcus directly... :lol:

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, maybe I can salvage that "B" grade after all...

Here's a picture of Harold and his Prowler at the show...Harold would be the tall gentleman on the right...

Taken with my cell phone camera...but this one came out okay...they usually don't...

ACME

droptop

Reaction score
I did take a few pictures for Dave, but it will be a few days before I can get them posted. Marcus was there, and I did get a chance to talk for just a few mins. He was very busy with the speedway cruises for the show. By the way, that was the high light of the show. I got to check the rev limiter on the Prowler, and it works just fine. :drive: It stalled out at 130. Just after passing the black A12 blew my doors off at slower speeds. I would say he most likly topped out at 110 or so with the 410 gears. Some very nice cars there, but the swap and vendors was not worth talking about. Met Ray, Carl, and Marcus, but that is the familar faces that I saw.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
I did take a few pictures for Dave, but it will be a few days before I can get them posted. Marcus was there, and I did get a chance to talk for just a few mins. He was very busy with the speedway cruises for the show. By the way, that was the high light of the show. I got to check the rev limiter on the Prowler, and it works just fine. :drive: It stalled out at 130. Just after passing the black A12 blew my doors off at slower speeds. I would say he most likly topped out at 110 or so with the 410 gears. Some very nice cars there, but the swap and vendors was not worth talking about. Met Ray, Carl, and Marcus, but that is the familar faces that I saw.

Any update on the pics, Harold?

droptop

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
droptop said:

Any update on the pics, Harold?

I took the camera to work with me this morning and emailed them to myself. All I have to do is resize and post them. Maybe by next month...... :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Okay, maybe I can salvage that "B" grade after all...

Here's a picture of Harold and his Prowler at the show...Harold would be the tall gentleman on the right...

Taken with my cell phone camera...but this one came out okay...they usually don't...

ACME

coulda got yerself an A if you had gotten one of that '68 Plymouth in the background. Even if it is an "off" color.
I met Marcus at The Nats a couple years ago,and I wouldn't know him if I saw him.

Back