• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lighting question

mjoyner408

Reaction score
i have all new bulbs and a new flasher relay but i still have an irattic blink. all the other lights work. when you turn on the blinker the relay clicks twice at a normal speed then goes to a fast blink with no relay noise. any suggestions?

mjoyner408

Reaction score
the relay is brand new. the old relay was a "quite" relay so you could not hear it blink but i bet it did the same thing.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
after working in a parts store for 9 years, just because it's new, doesn't mean it's good. try switching the flasher with the one from your four ways.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the fours ways, Hazzard Lights,Emergency Flashers.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
no, the turn signals, and the hazzard lights have there own seperate flasher.

mjoyner408

Reaction score
crap. well... where the hell is the 4 way relay AND the flashers do not work at all so i guess i will have to find one of them as well.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
it looks just like the one for the turn signals. If you can't see under your dash, just feel your way. it shouldn't be too far from the other flasher.

mjoyner408

Reaction score
well, i crawled my bigass under there and i could see all under the dash and there was no other big relay under there. the only other relay was a long skinny one on the other side of the steering colume but it was 2 prong at the most. on the other hand... the blinkers started to work corectly but i do not like "haunted" stuff like this. the emergancy flashers on the other hand do not work. i do not even see a plug were a missing relay would be. i can snap some pics if it would help. the og owner installed an aftermarket amp gauge and a crap radio under the dash. looks hack so i do not know what is good and what is hack. could someone else snap a couple pics of there under dash? that might clear up some stuff.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the relay should look just like the one for the turn signals. Although I have seen square ones, they'll interchange. I've had the turn signals work/not work, and it's usually just been some rust on the prongs of the flasher. Since yours is new, there might be some in the plug in the wiring. And make sure the wire connector on the steering column is plugged in tight.

Back