• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little rubber stop under front turn signal housings

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Do you guys know if there are small rubber stops the mount in the front bumper, which keep the bottom of the turn signal lens/housing from hitting/rattling against the bumper? I don't recall this piece and I cannot find anything like this in any of my manuals (factory service, b body resto guides). The books I have really do not go into the front turn signals for the bumpers. My car is at the shop still and nothing is listed at the AMD site either. I don't recall seeing any holes there on the original bumpers or the new AMDs. If these rubber stops exist, where can you find new ones or can you use the ones for the license plates?

WWheeler

Reaction score
This is on a '70. Are you talking about the bumper that is mounted on the housing itself? See picture.

RR3-1.png

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Yes there are bumpers on the bumper. Mine were flat and don't come any where close to the housing.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Little flat bumper that does nothing, but they were on the car when I took it apart. Dusty LOL

20211018_192741.jpg

Last edited:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Weren't on my car - but I suspect that the front bumper was replaced at some point early in the car's life so they probably didn't get replaced...

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Does anyone have AMD bumpers and do they have that hole for the little bumper? I still haven't had a chance to stop by the shop and look on mine.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
So now the question is where do you get those? I've looked at AMD, YearOne, Classic - for their listings of the small rubber stops. None of these companies tell you where they go in the kits. Looking at 69HemiBeeps' picture, the stops appear very flat. I don't the exact duplicate of those in the kits. I have a thread about this over on Moparts, and this thread was in response to that one, in which I invited the original poster to this site. A member there mentioned that ACE hardware had an assortment of small rubber stops, he wasn't sure how close to something in stock they had. I will also see if GYC can tell us what they use as replacements. If I hear back I will post.

WWheeler

Reaction score
Quite a mystery what that does and why they installed it. Maybe for some kind of an option or for an earlier year. They would not have gone to the trouble of punching a hole in the bumper and then adding the plug for nothing.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
It keeps the turn signal housing from contacting the bumper, preventing rattling, etc. The turn signal housing is only mounted from the top, so it is susceptible to vibration, pot holes, etc. I've never noticed it before until someone asked about them on moparts.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Those came in a rubber bumper kit when I restored my car, I might have a receipt for them.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
69hemibeep, are you able to find out where they came from?

I'll be headed to the shop mid-week or so, I'll check out what little bumpers haven't been used on the car yet. I know I used the ones for the license plates but not the glove box yet. I don't have a center console, so I don't know if any are there.

Last edited:

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Does someone have an original one that is intact? I am in contact with Jim from Detroit Muscle and he would like to get one and have them reproduced to original design.

Back