• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long lost Hemi RR....

69RRfan

Reaction score
The car that started it for me! In late 1969, my older brother returned from Vietnam and bought a 69 Hemi Roadrunner. F8 green, black interior, 4 speed, 4.10 Dana, Air Grabber, etc, PS, PB, AM/FM 8 track. Purchased from Peabody Chrysler-Plymouth in San Leandro, CA. After the typical gear head treatment, it eventually went high 10's with a Super Stock style Hemi and a lot of gear. In 1976, still being in excellent condition he sold it less drive train, with 36K on the clock (for $1000. Yes, ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS) and went on to another project. The local guy that bought it had Cecil Yother build and install a 440 and then we lost track of it.

I have very fond memories of riding shotgun in that car...including almost every morning to school. This car as the first real car I ever put a wrench on. I was allowed to do a plug change, with close supervision, early in the car's age. Imagine: The first time you wrenched, it was on a HEMI!

We would LOVE to know where the car is if it survived. I have never seen a pic on the net anywhere, showing a F8 69 post, with the bumper-ettes, let alone a Hemi version.

No, there isn't anything we can find with the VIN, but here's a super fun factoid: The car had CA (black of course) plates that read YUF 426. No kidding, what are the odds?? I can recall my brother and his buddies creating acronyms for what "YUF" stood for. Gosh, GREAT memories... Sadly that isn't a valid plate any longer seaching CA DMV plate records.

10430849_712044032236921_3293454058716897177_n.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome. Same boat I'm in. In 76 I sold my Hemi F8 black interior 8 track 4 spd console so on and so on but a hard top with the hemi for $2500 up in Wyoming. The friend that bought it dropped a valve and sold it.

69RRfan

Reaction score
Thanks 69HB! In light of everything that's evolved in the Mopar muscle car world, I'm really surprised that both of these Hemi RR's have not surfaced.

It gives me the dry heaves to think by brother's car didn't survive. For it being such a heavily optioned RR (including the bumperettes front and rear) you'd think someone would be bragging that they found it/have it.

moparchris

Reaction score
That thing is wicked! I looked for the Roadrunner that my parents had when I was a kid. It took me 10 years but I found it. I had the name of the fellow who we sold it to and thats how I eventually found him and he still had the car!! So its not impossible. I use a DMV service for all my DMV needs and you can send an open letter to the previous owners of that plate. The DMV also has a VIN for that plate located in their microfiche. You just need friends in the right places. I doubt a clean Hemicar would get scrapped so odds are its still out there.

michael white

Reaction score
The car that started it for me! In late 1969, my older brother returned from Vietnam and bought a 69 Hemi Roadrunner. F8 green, black interior, 4 speed, 4.10 Dana, Air Grabber, etc, PS, PB, AM/FM 8 track. Purchased from Peabody Chrysler-Plymouth in San Leandro, CA. After the typical gear head treatment, it eventually went high 10's with a Super Stock style Hemi and a lot of gear. In 1976, still being in excellent condition he sold it less drive train, with 36K on the clock (for $1000. Yes, ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS) and went on to another project. The local guy that bought it had Cecil Yother build and install a 440 and then we lost track of it.

I have very fond memories of riding shotgun in that car...including almost every morning to school. This car as the first real car I ever put a wrench on. I was allowed to do a plug change, with close supervision, early in the car's age. Imagine: The first time you wrenched, it was on a HEMI!

We would LOVE to know where the car is if it survived. I have never seen a pic on the net anywhere, showing a F8 69 post, with the bumper-ettes, let alone a Hemi version.

No, there isn't anything we can find with the VIN, but here's a super fun factoid: The car had CA (black of course) plates that read YUF 426. No kidding, what are the odds?? I can recall my brother and his buddies creating acronyms for what "YUF" stood for. Gosh, GREAT memories... Sadly that isn't a valid plate any longer seaching CA DMV plate records.

View attachment 10708
I think I bought that car new at Geary Chrysler Plymouth S.F.? I traded it in at Peabody Motors, San Leandro. Those scallops on the fenders and rear trunk inset Were painted on by Tommy the Greek in black lacquer and outlined in 1/8 inch white. If this is the same car I put those 8 1/2 Americans and Goodyear Poly glass GT tires on I also put headers on it. I saw it one time after I traded it in on foothill Blvd in Oakland. It had a big Roadrunner bird on the rear package shelf. Is this it? almost has to be. I have other info too

A12

Reaction score
I think I bought that car new at Geary Chrysler Plymouth S.F.? I traded it in at Peabody Motors, San Leandro. Those scallops on the fenders and rear trunk inset Were painted on by Tommy the Greek in black lacquer and outlined in 1/8 inch white. If this is the same car I put those 8 1/2 Americans and Goodyear Poly glass GT tires on I also put headers on it. I saw it one time after I traded it in on foothill Blvd in Oakland. It had a big Roadrunner bird on the rear package shelf. Is this it? almost has to be. I have other info too
WOW THIS IS WAY TOO COOL where this might be going!! LOVE the TT'S!!!!!!!! (are those spinners on the center caps?)

MikeR

michael white

Reaction score
WOW THIS IS WAY TOO COOL where this might be going!! LOVE the TT'S!!!!!!!! (are those spinners on the center caps?)

MikeR
Those are fake knock offs from American racing the cap had 5 screws that attached to the wheel and the knock off threaded onto it.. I remember the day the carrier came loaded with cars and it was on he top in front. When the driver off loaded it on Hayes street I got in and drove it right away. My father was the Chrysler/Plymouth dealer at Geary and Parker in the city. I paid $4,100.00 out the door. It was my absolute dream to be able to buy that car. I took a loan out at the Presidio credit union. I also remember ordering it with all of the equipment, It was a toss up between the Ivy green or silver. I wanted a coupe not a hardtop. The only thing I wish I had not gotten was the 4:10. I did a lot of commuting.

Back