• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking back and where the car is now

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just looking through pics this morning and wonder how I ever got to this point in the build. Now putting part's back on the car and having it back into a roller. IMG_0102 (1).JPG IMG_0101.JPG

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoyed looking at the photos of your Road Runner build. I've included a few so you can see that there are a bunch of us out hear bringing these cars back from near death to once again commanding the road.

Body work ckPeters Shop 24.jpg

Body work correct (Peter -49).jpg

Body work correct (Peter -50).jpg

Body workPeters Slhop 10.jpg

Painting - green(13).jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
The photos above are of my current 69 Road Runner... originally sold as an F8 Ivy Green car, then painted B5 Blue, then orange, then back to blue. The photos show some of the blue; however, all of the blue and orange and original green was taken to bare metal before painting. A ton of rust and Bondo was discovered and removed. The only part that had to be replaced was the passenger side front fender... just too far gone to repair. As it sits now there is absolutely no filler (other than traditional sanding filler) and all rusted out panels were properly repaired the old fashion way... cutting and welding. I am just happy that I was able to save this car from the graveyard.

1968 man

Reaction score
Good job, beautiful car and its very good to see all them come back to life. And I would like to thank you for your service so us that didn't take the opportunity to serve have our freedom, my opinion all vets are special people. Thanks again.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The photos above are of my current 69 Road Runner... originally sold as an F8 Ivy Green car, then painted B5 Blue, then orange, then back to blue. The photos show some of the blue; however, all of the blue and orange and original green was taken to bare metal before painting. A ton of rust and Bondo was discovered and removed. The only part that had to be replaced was the passenger side front fender... just too far gone to repair. As it sits now there is absolutely no filler (other than traditional sanding filler) and all rusted out panels were properly repaired the old fashion way... cutting and welding. I am just happy that I was able to save this car from the graveyard.
Surprise It is bond o. Also rotted metal. We just cant stand to see an Iconic car go to the junk yard. We have to get it fixed rite and drive the hell out of it. LOL.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I like Chevys I like Ford's. But most of all I love my roadrunner. When seeing my first one knew I had to have one some day. Just something about the body lines and the sound of the motor on these Plymouth's. I see I am not alone any way's. Good job men see I am not the only one that has talent. That is what built America. :usflag:

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
My 69 that I'm working on was rescued from a junk yard in Bulls Gap TN. The interior gutted, engine and trans gone, only positive thing was the passenger side was in great shape and it still had vin plate and fender tag

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Fantastic. At more than one point most people would throw in the towel. They would say enough is enough and sell it. Good job buddy. Enjoy that beautiful bird. :thumbsup2:

ricks_RR

Reaction score
thanks i made more friends because of this car in the building of it and finding parts for it . i enjoyed every minute of it this was at my first show with the car many years agocar trophy.JPG

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
I get the distinct feeling that the majority of these Road Runners (at least from the comments and photos from this site) have gone through a really-really tough life and thankfully there are enough of us true die-hard Mopar guys and gals still around that just love Road Runners enough to get involved in such a time consuming resurrection. Hopefully the next generation of Mopar enthusiasts that will eventually own these cars, that we all brought back from the depths of hell, will appreciate what the cars have gone through so as to still be on the road and still looking as good as they do. After peeling away all the paint, rust and body filler the car looked like it should just be scrapped as junk, but only because I was just so darn stubborn (some would say crazy) I wasn't about to let this car go that route... and now I finally own a nice car that looks like it just rolled off the back of the truck in front of a Plymouth dealership. So-so happy that there are enough of us still out there to keep the dream alive.

Back