• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lost fender tag

Giovanni Berent

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am Giovanni and just joined
I restored my 69 Road Runner back in the nineties with my son it took us about ten years but we had a blast going to all the rallies looking for parts.
The car was a red 383 stick with bench seats ( not sure on the seats since it was not in car also the motor and trans were missing). It is now a clone 440 six pack 69 1/2 .
because of the time span we lost the fender tag but we do have the dash tag and build sheet Because we have all that info is there a way to have a fender tag remade using that info . We are not trying to make a counterfeit tag just a correct one that will match the was the car was built from factory

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
With the build sheet and VIN try GTS (Galens Tag Service) or ECS there is another I can't think of right now.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
You cant just tell us about the car and not post any photos - first rule of fight club! :xscuseless:

And welcome to the party.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I enquired on a replacement fender tag and they said about 400 bucks for one. Can use that money to do the build I thought and will may be have one made when the car is finished. Then can list all the improvement's as well.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea 1968 man that is the one that shattered on me. The one from Metro parts did not even go in the hole. LOL. Thanks buddy.

quikbird

Reaction score
russ, if the glass doesn't fit or shattered, I hate to say this but perhaps time to recheck the metal of the frame and make sure correct. :(

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Oh no. quickbird going to make a piece of glass fit hell or high water. The old one fits in but tight. So have a line on a few of the original ones. Talked to two different glass company's and they will make me one to fit for 3K. Ouch. So that is not going to happen either. Their is always a way to make things work. Know a guy that has cut down these windows and had success. So get a few old ones to practice on. LOL. Thanks buddy any way's for the thought.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Plain and simple.....the glass should not fit tight. You can tell from the pattern on your window the bottom of the glass was under stress. You said the lower corners were tight. I'm guessing you didn't test fit you glass before you painted the car or you would have caught this.

Back