• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Louvers or no louvers?

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
What's up everyone!

I'm the FNG here and I'm taking a quick poll to see how you guys feel about... rear window black louvers... yea or nay or Hell Naw!

Now hear me out... there was a time when louvers were cool right? I think? hahaha They went out of style, but maybe, just maybe, they could be making a come back?

And, I could be at the start of the louver trend coming back?? Hahah I was never really a louver fan, but recently I've wondered if it could give the RR a new look? I really am 50/50 at this point. But, I will consider RR owners opinion because I feel the RR has a cult-like following with a tight community and I don't wanna make the RR look bad!!! Hahaha

Let me know what you guys think!!

~Ritchie Valens

Unknown-6.jpeg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You asked this question in one of your other threads and got a couple of replies, but I'll chime in again anyway... I have a three-part reply:

1) It's your car. Do what you want.
2) I don't care for them on '71-'72 RRs. Or on much else for that matter. Saw a newer (Fiat land yacht) Challenger with them the other day. Even had them added to the quarter windows. They weren't straight, they had kind of a "saw tooth" contour to them. Looked like shit. Probably the only thing that I ever saw them on that looked good to me was the '69-'70 Mustang fastbacks as they complimented the sloping roofline. JMHO.
3) It's your car. Do what you want.

V.R.D

Reaction score
i saw a couple back in the day on mopars kinda ok but they did look better on the butstain's they stuck out on the smaller R/R window

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I say no louvers. They look too J.C. Whitney to me....

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
You asked this question in one of your other threads and got a couple of replies, but I'll chime in again anyway... I have a three-part reply:

1) It's your car. Do what you want.
2) I don't care for them on '71-'72 RRs. Or on much else for that matter. Saw a newer (Fiat land yacht) Challenger with them the other day. Even had them added to the quarter windows. They weren't straight, they had kind of a "saw tooth" contour to them. Looked like shit. Probably the only thing that I ever saw them on that looked good to me was the '69-'70 Mustang fastbacks as they complimented the sloping roofline. JMHO.
3) It's your car. Do what you want.
Hey ACME A12, yeah you make some good points as others on this thread, the louvers do look better on the 69-70 Mustang fastback. I was hoping to see if anyone had seen a 71 RR with them on, but also to get overall opinions. I was on the fence and I truly respect the opinion of classic car owners. They always know how to steer you in the right direction! Ha! Thanks again brother, looks like I'll be skipping the louvers. On to the next thing!

~Ritchie

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
Thanks again for you opinions guys! I will be skipping the louvers... looks like they're just not made for this car and year... I'll save my money for another venture!

Bird Man Of AZ

Reaction score
Hey Ritchie,

Like I mentioned in another thread, I don't think rear window louvres have a place on a RR, especially the '71/'72 body style. It would only detract from the sexy flowing lines of those particular models.

Like a few have mentioned above, it would give your beautiful Bird a JC Whitney look.

You mentioned that you thought louvres might give your RR a distinctive look. By virtue of having a gorgeous vintage Bird, you've already got distinction covered.

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
Hey Ritchie,

Like I mentioned in another thread, I don't think rear window louvres have a place on a RR, especially the '71/'72 body style. It would only detract from the sexy flowing lines of those particular models.

Like a few have mentioned above, it would give your beautiful Bird a JC Whitney look.

You mentioned that you thought louvres might give your RR a distinctive look. By virtue of having a gorgeous vintage Bird, you've already got distinction covered.
You are right about vintage bird body style! I will be skipping the louvers. I have other fun little projects I can jump on... just to keep me busy

Back